Thread: My training plan for 2015

My training plan for 2015

My training plan for 2015...

Background:
    I own guns mainly for their value as weapons. To usefully employ them in case of an emergency they require skills. Competitions are a good way to check and compare those skills under some kind of pressure.
    Over the years the disciplines I compete in have changed from static, slow fire, precision emphasizing to varying-distance, dynamic, score vs time emphasizing.
    The four guns I shoot are an AIA No4Mk4 in .308, a Rossi M92 in .44Mag, a Glock 17L in 9x19 and a Hämmerli x-esse in .22lr.

The purpose of the plan:
    - organize my training days to get done what I actually want to do
    - reduce ammo consumption and make every round count
    - maximizing training effect for the skills I want to improve and the disciplines I compete in

Execution:
    1) 1st training day/evening of the month
    1.1) AIA
    1.1.1) Two magazines with 3 and 2 rounds for confirming zero
    Load 3-rounder, shoot 2 or 3 rounds slow-fire, reload, shoot 2nd mag.
    1.1.2) Three magazines with 6+2+2 rounds for „monthly score“
    Load 6-rounder, shoot a few rounds, tactical reload, shoot to empty, speed reload, shoot to empty, speed reload. Shooting is precision slow-fire, mag changes are fast.
    1.2) x-esse
    1.2.1) Two magazines with 3+2 rounds for confirming zero
    Load 3-rounder, shoot slow-fire to slidelock or click (doesn't always stay open!), speed reload or TRB, shoot 2nd mag.
    1.2.2) Three magazines with 6+2+2 rounds for „monthly score“
    Load 6-rounder, shoot a few rounds, tactical reload, shoot to slidelock or click, speed reload or TRB, shoot to slidelock or click, speed reload or TRB, shoot last mag. Shooting is precision slow-fire, mag changes are fast.
    1.2.3) Five magazines with 7 rounds each
    Shoot all five alternating between tactical and speed reloads and TRBs (as the x-esse doesn't always stay open).
    1.3) Glock 17L
    1.3.1) Two magazines with 3+2 rounds for confirming zero
    Load 3-rounder, shoot slow-fire to slidelock or click (doesn't always stay open!), speed reload or TRB, shoot 2nd mag.
    1.3.2) Three magazines with 6+2+2 rounds for „monthly score“
    Load 6-rounder, shoot a few rounds, tactical reload, shoot to slidelock, speed reload, shoot to slidelock, speed reload, shoot last mag. Shooting is precision slow-fire, mag changes are fast.

2) 2nd training day/evening of the month
    2.1) x-esse
    2.1.1) Four mags with 5 rounds each on the „Speed“-target
    2.1.2) Three mags with 10 rounds each on the steel plates
    2.2) Rossi M92P
    2.2.1) 4 x 5 rounds on the „Speed“-target*
    2.2.2) 6 x 5 rounds on the steel plates
    2.3) G17L
    2.3.1) Four mags with 5 rounds each on the „Speed“-target
    2.3.2) Eight mags with 5 rounds each on the steel plates

3) 3rd training day/evening of the month
    3.1) IPSC training with my brother shooting airsoft in the garage.

4) Once every two months
    4.1) IPSC training with my brother and friends at an IPSC range.
    100-125 rounds with the Glock.
    A neighbour of my brother has been shooting IPSC for years and started coaching us last summer in preparation of the Safety and Rules Test and continues to do so.

I'm open for opinions.

----------
    *) The „Speed“-target is a black ring with an inner dia. of 4“ and an outer dia. of 8“. The inner white is 10 points, the black ring 7 points, outside the black ring 0 points. Score is points minus time in seconds.

The first "score" training day is over and I managed to shoot it as I intended to. The light at the outdoor range was not ideal (shot between 1900 and 2130) and I lost too much time talking on the range (friend had brought his new take-down Chiappa Winchester 92 24" .357Mag - a pleasure to shoot!). Scores were:
    x-esse : 99
    G17L : 94
    No4Mk4 : 82

User Tag List