Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ-75 SP-01 Shadowmate Canadian Edition - Trigger Spring Broke After Only Dry-Firing

Alpha Sierra, thank you very much for your input. I had no idea that the trigger return spring was a failure point caused by DA trigger pulls. I also appreciate the link for CGW parts. Would you mind sending me a PM of the links you mentioned earlier in the thread? While I have the gunsmithing video, the more information I can access, the better off I will be. I had intended on buying tools for maintaining my CZ shortly, this breakdown has accelerated my timeline. As this is a common failure point, it does give me more confidence to stay with the CZ I bought instead of replacing it with another brand.

Carnifex, thanks for sharing the link for the IPSC-legal trigger return spring replacement from CZ Custom. I have to agree with Big T that I do not like to be a cheat. That the TRS has an identical pull weight to the factory spring and increased reliability is exactly what I am looking for.

Does replacing the trigger spring pin with the CGW version (which is easier to install/remove and includes a slave pin) really violate the spirit of the IPSC rules? I can understand not using the CGW trigger spring as it decreases the DA pull weight by half a pound, that is cheating. But is installing a non-factory pin which offers no mechanical advantage to the function of the pistol cheating?

Someday I'm going to shoot one of these nice CZs.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Someday I'm going to shoot one of these nice CZs.
    You're welcome to shoot my CGW P09 anytime, dude.

CZ Custom also makes a pin that simplifies replacement of the TRS. I asked ten days ago, when I visited, and they said about 20,000 rounds on a TRS.

That said, a CZ is not a Glock. Rule of three applies -- one to shoot, one as a back-up, and one more back with CZ Custom/Mink being repaired.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    CZ Custom also makes a pin that simplifies replacement of the TRS. I asked ten days ago, when I visited, and they said about 20,000 rounds on a TRS.

That said, a CZ is not a Glock. Rule of three applies -- one to shoot, one as a back-up, and one more back with CZ Custom/Mink being repaired.
    I'd personally opt for spending the 30 minutes doing it with your own two hands, learning the platform, etc... and not having to mail it across the country.

Re the multiple pistols, that holds true regardless of platform, IMO. I can understand the op's (likely) pain in this regard; the custom CZs are expensive. But I wholeheartedly agree and would absolutely recommend having a backup in place if the intent is to be serious about the pursuit.

t

Taadpole, is a pair of those fancy new long slide 226 game guns in your future?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    When taking part in sports I prefer not to be a cheat. Stupid rule or not it's the rule.
    A fact Brian Williams is coming to grips with of late.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    A fact Brian Williams is coming to grips with of late.
    Didn't he invent the CZ-75?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Taadski, is a pair of those fancy new long slide 226 game guns in your future?
    George,

If I could get my paws on one, I'd probably bite the bullet to evaluate it. Alas, it does not appear they're going to be exporting them from the homeland. It sounds like it's even hard to get one's hands on one over there.

t

Quote Originally Posted by VooX View Post
    Does replacing the trigger spring pin with the CGW version (which is easier to install/remove and includes a slave pin) really violate the spirit of the IPSC rules?
    Not in my opinion. PM sent
    Last edited by Alpha Sierra; 02-08-2015 at 04:31 PM.

User Tag List