Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank Proctor Y Sights

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Today I shot very little volume spending a good bit of time changing sights on a G31 I just traded into and getting it zero'd then just informal fam fire.

Cold rain started so I rushed 50 rds of 9mm and started with a few FAST.

With the RTF2 and the Proctor sights

1st - got no slide lock and had to react, rack and shoot - 6.86, Clean, first hit 1.54
    2nd - 5.25, down one 3x5 shot, a skosh above the card, first hit 1.00 (too fast)
    3rd - 5.13 Clean, first hit 1.54

My first shot in FAST runs are typically more like 1.66-1.70. Could be my imagination but to an attribute I mentioned in first feedback, it seemed like I saw what I need to see more quickly than I'm accustomed to. Hmmmm.

Interesting.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Any new opinions or reviews on these?

I've been thinking about going to a tighter rear notch on my competition gun. Currently running .150 rear with .115 FO front and contemplating a .125 or .130 rear for better precision at 25 yards and beyond.

The proctor sights are interesting... But they are an $80 experiment in oddball sight heights. Taller than factory, shorter than Warren, Dawson, 10-8. If it doesn't work I have to scrap the whole set...

They're just a tighter sight picture, that's really it. If you don't like them you could sell them and be out $20.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Any new opinions or reviews on these?

I've been thinking about going to a tighter rear notch on my competition gun. Currently running .150 rear with .115 FO front and contemplating a .125 or .130 rear for better precision at 25 yards and beyond.

The proctor sights are interesting... But they are an $80 experiment in oddball sight heights. Taller than factory, shorter than Warren, Dawson, 10-8. If it doesn't work I have to scrap the whole set...

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    They're just a tighter sight picture, that's really it. If you don't like them you could sell them and be out $20.
    Exactly. Vision / sights are so individual, it's worth giving it a try. I currently use 10-8 .156w? / Dawson Trit .125. It works extremely well for me, and I have many reps with them. Even if something was "better" I would need to give it the same number of reps before I could honestly determine that. I believe much of it is simply what one prefers and dedicates time to. I have found that sometimes better is slowed down by different, and not always given a fair shake. That whole slow down to speed up thing. Give them a try, it won't hurt.
    Taking a break from social media.

Anyone have an opinion of these vs the TTI or dawson charger sights? I'm running warren/sevigny but I think I might like something tighter.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    That cost me $80.
    Looking forward to your thoughts.

Very interesting... Proctor is certainly no slouch...

Quote Originally Posted by Jesting Devil View Post
    Anyone have an opinion of these vs the TTI or dawson charger sights? I'm running warren/sevigny but I think I might like something tighter.

Looking forward to your thoughts.
    Got to bump this. I've heard a preview but he's got to fill in some meat.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Got to bump this. I've heard a preview but he's got to fill in some meat.
    Put them on a 19, adjusted windage based on my normal slight right deflection, but no shooting verification, and did the extractor test firing three single rounds at an 8 inch steel at 50 yards. Hit with all three shots. Shot some more 25-100, dig them! Never noticed the Y feature. Like how low profile they are.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Just went 14/15 on an 8 inch steel at 50 yards with them. Really like them, especially how low profile and the rear sight shape and that it has two set screws. Would like to pair that rear with a grit front for carry.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Just went 14/15 on an 8 inch steel at 50 yards with them. Really like them, especially how low profile and the rear sight shape and that it has two set screws. Would like to pair that rear with a grit front for carry.
    A what front?
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List