Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Frank Proctor Y Sights

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    The guy who designed them is a USPSA GM and IDPA M.

Just use the Y portion for shooting fast, a lot of room for the fiber, and if you want slow fire accuracy then you can focus on the bottom portion of the notch.
    Oh I know Frank's qualifications and have taken a handgun class with him. I understand his concept and usage of them, I've just found that "traditional" square notch rear sights, like those on Dawson's, Warrens and TTI's for example, work best for my uses and eyesight. Basically, I prefer a wider rear notch that allows a little more light around the front post than the Y's do.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    The Garcia dot drill seems so trigger and grip intensive to me, it is hard to imagine sights having anything to do with the result.
    Yes agree. But for me when using my same 34, my performance improved with TTI's over my black defoors when I switched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone tried the Proctor Square Notch sights? I find the Y Notch interesting, but ultimately too different for my taste I think without being able to try them first.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Has anyone tried the Proctor Square Notch sights? I find the Y Notch interesting, but ultimately too different for my taste I think without being able to try them first.
    Today in fact! I shot the DoW 300 aggregate with their .100 narrow notch rear on my G17 with KKM barrel. I shot a big jump PR of 278.

Skinniest sliver of light bars I've ever seen. I like them so far.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Today in fact! I shot the DoW 300 aggregate with their .100 narrow notch rear on my G17 with KKM barrel. I shot a big jump PR of 278.

Skinniest sliver of light bars I've ever seen. I like them so far.
    I was thinking about going with the .125 rear notch. How's the build quality of the sights overall? Looks like, from other posts in this thread, the rear sight would lend itself well to one-handed clearing?

I'm currently debating going with either these (.125 square notch) or the 10-8's (.115 front, .140 rear). Both are appealing, but I like the idea of the finer fiber dot and the square profile of the notch.

Well made steel sights. Good ledge for a hook.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

The trick with the Y Notch sight is to fight the urge to hold the gun lower, once you can keep the front sight aligned with the rear Y-Notch they are a great sight option that help with speed on close target splits but also provide enough of a sight picture for further shots. The front sight provided is on par with a Dawson and I like the Nitride Finish. POA-POI for the ones installed on my G19 HD/CCW gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Doge View Post
    The trick with the Y Notch sight is to fight the urge to hold the gun lower, once you can keep the front sight aligned with the rear Y-Notch they are a great sight option that help with speed on close target splits but also provide enough of a sight picture for further shots. The front sight provided is on par with a Dawson and I like the Nitride Finish. POA-POI for the ones installed on my G19 HD/CCW gun.
    Do you find that you have any problems with the silhouette of these sights in low-light in conjuction with white light? I ask because I'm used to wider notches which seems to come in handy in those situations.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Do you find that you have any problems with the silhouette of these sights in low-light in conjuction with white light? I ask because I'm used to wider notches which seems to come in handy in those situations.
    On my Glock19 paired with an X300U I didn't. Mine is paired with a green FO sight and since the 19 is my HD when wearing an x300u testing it and dryfire in lowlight with mini-USPSA targets is part of my dry-fire. The urge to push down was mainly when my 1911 was wearing them and only during slowfire...I later found out it was anticipation and also the front sight paired with the Y-Notch was not the right size for the 1911.

Sorry for the necro post but are more people using these lately? Like/dislike?

User Tag List