Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Frank Proctor Y Sights

Quote Originally Posted by newyork View Post
    Sorry for the necro post but are more people using these lately? Like/dislike?
    I have the Y and commented a little but currently don't have them on a gun. They're ok. I more recently tried his conventional square rear notch in the extremely tight/narrow config thinking it would be the bomb on a 17 for precision but I didn't see any improvement vs HDs which I actually find work well for slowfire precision in addition to fast/close stuff.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I thought in the past my .156 10-8 u notch was giving me a hard time at 25 but were good up close except there's no paint or FO that stood out on them.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I have the Y and commented a little but currently don't have them on a gun. They're ok. I more recently tried his conventional square rear notch in the extremely tight/narrow config thinking it would be the bomb on a 17 for precision but I didn't see any improvement vs HDs which I actually find work well for slowfire precision in addition to fast/close stuff.
    Ah, I didn't know he made a regular square one. The Y annoyed me and I always wanted to line the top of the front up with the beginning of the notch, and not the Y part.

I see it's in .100 width. I've been contemplating getting a .100 Dawson adjustable rear custom made and paring it with a .100 front. I bet that combo would be pretty sweet. I currently use .125/.125 on my carry and comp guns. Have .100/.125 on a G17 (and a 43 due to the sight radius) and haven't noticed any benifit to it. Not as accurate as .125/.125 (on the G17, G43 is stupid accurate) which I'm assuming is from the extra air. Airy sights aren't any faster for me, and are less precise.

I imagine combining the .100 rear with a Dawson .100 front would be the go to sights if you're afraid of adjustables.
    Last edited by Trajan; 03-22-2017 at 11:47 AM.

I paired the .100 rear with a .125 front to get a tiniest light bar slivers. I had high hopes. But in my Gen 3 G17 with KKM barrel I shot about the same as I did with HDs. Pretty decent but it didn't "buy" me more skill. Could be the gun's limit or mine of course.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Bought a 19 with Defoors on it from a friend. I nail polished the front sight but am looking around at a pair with FO front. I have a nice Dawson set on my VP9 but wanted to try something else. Proctors looked like a good balance. I could try 10-8 with a .140 rear and FO. Never gone less than .140 and wanted to try though.

Dawson's are really great. That's what I've migrated towards on my pistols as they're easy to order different widths and heights.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

User Tag List