Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Frank Proctor Y Sights

Frank Proctor Y Sights

Interesting design. Link to his website with lengthy description here.

Frank Proctor Y Sights

I am not sure I see how the Y would work for better for longer range sight pictures. It looks like he combined the old type rifle sight with a post and notch. Everyone is trying to sell a better mousetrap.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ight_types.svg

That said, I have taken a class with him and he is a damn good shooter. Not sure the sight would make a difference for a larger sample size of experienced or competitive shooters.

I believe he's just saying that the tighter sight picture is better for precise shots, which I don't think many people would argue with. And then for larger/closer targets, just use the top portion of the sight with a looser sight picture.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    I believe he's just saying that the tighter sight picture is better for precise shots, which I don't think many people would argue with. And then for larger/closer targets, just use the top portion of the sight with a looser sight picture.

Right like two in one. I'm gonna try a set out.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Looks like an updated and slicked up version of a semi buckhorn, which is not shown in the Wikipedia referenced image above.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Looks cool, I guess. I get the idea. I just find myself caring less and less with each endorsed product these days. Every instructor seems to want their name on things for the sake of having their name on things. At least these are actually different.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Maybe they'd be interested in a "signature" holster line.
    Frank already has that:-)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Frank already has that:-)
    And I actually really like the look's of it. Seem's really well thought out. Plan on picking one up to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    New and Improved!

I really should refrain from trying to be funny as it usually just exposes my ignorance.
    We could work together in an Atomic Tom Holster. Sell it with a Gadget. Coming soon.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Definitely lavender.

User Tag List