Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gonna buy some proears, anything better?

Quote Originally Posted by jwperry View Post
    Has anyone give any hands on differences between the MSA Supreme Basic and the Supreme Pro?
    I just had my 2nd set of Howard Leight's die on me and I've been researching an upgrade, but don't want/need/afford to spend money i don't need to.
    Ditto, this. Also in the market now, and the 200% price difference is...substantial. Looks like the basics are analog while the supreme is digital, so if I go out on a limb and guess, I would say the digitals let you hear conversation while shooting is happening while the analogs shut down everything while shooting is happening. But I'd be interested in opinions.
    Join FPC

I am looking for some in-ear electronic plugs that act both as amplifiers for times when no shooting occurs, AND act instantly to reduce sound while shooting. I can always double-up with a simple pair of muffs when I am shooting next to a wall or barrel.
    Any suggestions?
    Cody
    That a well-regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defense of a free state;

Has anyone give any hands on differences between the MSA Supreme Basic and the Supreme Pro?
    I just had my 2nd set of Howard Leight's die on me and I've been researching an upgrade, but don't want/need/afford to spend money i don't need to.
    I have no experience with the Basic -- AFAIK those didn't exist last time I was in the market -- but I personally much prefer the Supreme III Pro+ vs the Pro-X. The III Pro+ has higher NRR and is a little roomier in the cups, which for me was much more comfortable and facilitated a better seal. As always YMMV but just thought I'd confuse things with another option.

While we're talking about Sordins, anyone used the HP2 Hearing Protection Cover? I've always velcroed a foam pad (from the fit adjustment kits that come with bicycle helmets) to the headband of my Sordins...that plus a hat without a button on top has meant no sore spot on my head after multi-day classes/matches. These replacement covers look even better.

Quote Originally Posted by cclaxton View Post
    I am looking for some in-ear electronic plugs that act both as amplifiers for times when no shooting occurs, AND act instantly to reduce sound while shooting. I can always double-up with a simple pair of muffs when I am shooting next to a wall or barrel.
    Any suggestions?
    Cody
    Etymotic makes a line of those. Not sure how good they are, but their consumer IEMs are generally pretty good. Of course, the caveat to that a lot of people can't stand IEMs, so... yeah. If you do go this route, be sure to try multiple tip types (silicon flanged tips, the foamies, and the Shure "olives") to figure out what works best for you, assuming any of them do.

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    While we're talking about Sordins, anyone used the HP2 Hearing Protection Cover? I've always velcroed a foam pad (from the fit adjustment kits that come with bicycle helmets) to the headband of my Sordins...that plus a hat without a button on top has meant no sore spot on my head after multi-day classes/matches. These replacement covers look even better.
    I've used one for years now; bought via PM on Lightfighter back when OC Tactical's website was pretty much just a gallery of some custom stuff they had. Never had any issues, even with caps that had a button on top, but then again, I've never used the original headband. They still look tip top; only real sign of wear is actually the nametape that I bought elsewhere that's faded a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I've used one for years now; bought via PM on Lightfighter back when OC Tactical's website was pretty much just a gallery of some custom stuff they had. Never had any issues, even with caps that had a button on top, but then again, I've never used the original headband. They still look tip top; only real sign of wear is actually the nametape that I bought elsewhere that's faded a little.
    Awesome, thanks -- got one on the way.

Been using my Sordins in an indoor range, and have been cautiously optimistic. But I mainly go when no one else is there, so not much to compare to.

This past week-end, I took grandson #1 to a basic carbine class (outdoors), which of course is a much better "test".

Man; these puppies are the cat's meow. Totally worth the breath-taking price. Sound quality/attenuation is so far above everything else I've ever tried, and while no headset worn all day can be considered comfortable, these were not UNcomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    Been using one since I got my DEHPs, the newer version with the hanger loop and name tag Velcro loop on top. Very comfortable and very well made.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Been using my Sordins in an indoor range, and have been cautiously optimistic. But I mainly go when no one else is there, so not much to compare to.

This past week-end, I took grandson #1 to a basic carbine class (outdoors), which of course is a much better "test".

Man; these puppies are the cat's meow. Totally worth the breath-taking price. Sound quality/attenuation is so far above everything else I've ever tried, and while no headset worn all day can be considered comfortable, these were not UNcomfortable.

They are worth the money. I have a pair of Pro X I purchased new in 2007. I got seven years out of them including three working full time at our Academy's outdoor range. I sent them back to SRS tactical a few weeks ago. They check them over installed a new battery box and a new set of gel your cups – came to $108- with return shipping. I think I got my moneys worth.

I purchased a set of the MSA Supreme Basics w/ gel cups and finally a chance to get to the range today. I double plug whether indoor or outdoor and previously used the Howard Leights with no issues other than I left them somewhere.

I could barely hear anything with the Sordins even with volume cranked up and if I wanted to have a conversation, I had to take the muffs off. Is this typical or seem like a defective pair? I got lots of cutting in and out as well which I didn't really experience with the HL set.

Not too impressed so far but not sure if this is typical or not with the analog set

User Tag List