Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gonna buy some proears, anything better?

Gonna buy some proears, anything better?

Now that I'm taking classes and starting to shoot around a lot of ppl more and trying to get into IDPA it's time to ditch the $20 muffs. Gonna buy some this weekend and I have been eying the proears gold SC tac ear muffs. They have a good (I think?) NR of 25, slim cups so cheek weld should be possible, and my favorite feature is they don't just cut out. You can clearly hear other people DURING the shooting. Is there anything else is the $350 and below range I should be looking at? I read Trevor's reveiw on the MSA's, and although they look way cooler I'm more interested in function for the price tag. Any help guys?

This is the model that's in my basket!
    http://www.proears.com/Pro-Ears-Shoo...-123-Batteries

Sordins.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Sordins.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Is there a reason? And is there big difference between 20NR and 25NR? I inderstand what it means but don't know how it effects how they work

This might help:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTrevor View Post
    When you bring up MSA Sordin Supreme ear-pro among folks who are serious about shooting sports, it’s pretty much guaranteed that you’ll hear spec-sheet-based performance objections from at least one person. After all, what self-respecting gear whore (myself included) doesn’t review the spec sheets when making a buying decision?

As it turns out, I actually researched this in detail before I plunked down the cash to buy my Sordins. I've retraced my steps, gone spelunking through various browser histories, and dug up new sources to look at why Sordins seem to perform way beyond a weaksauce 19 dB Noise Reduction Rating.

The results may surprise you...

Sent from my iPhone, I apologize in advance for typos.

"Gustatus similis pullus"

The Sordins have been the very best ear pro I have ever used, durable as hell. Highly recommended.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Does it compress the noise like the proears? So while the shooting is going on you can still have a conversation? There seems to be alotmof models on the sordins.. Which is the absolute best?

Made my way to a computer and was able to get more info then on a phone. Looks like the supreme pro X is the best choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe View Post
    Does it compress the noise like the proears? So while the shooting is going on you can still have a conversation? There seems to be alotmof models on the sordins.. Which is the absolute best?
    Yes, they do, very well.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Just placed an order from SRStactical for a set of the pro X's. Hopefully I like them. Be nice to not be the only one with who can't hear during class.

User Tag List