Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Gonna buy some proears, anything better?

Site Supporter
    Glad I could help. My recollection is it was a bit of a puzzle the first time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Vickers recently posted this to his Facebook page, if someone is looking for a 3rd option.

"I've been using these Peltor Comtac 1 ear pro for years - my hands down favorite electronic ear protection. If there is anything better I don't know what it is". Someone asked about Sordins" "I had some bad experiences with Sordins" and later said the battery contacts were the problem.

Pretty sure you can't get those anymore and the new ones they make suck, or at least that's what Larry had said at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    I've seen those, but can't figure out what they offer over standard Sordins.
    For us, nothing.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Glad I could help. My recollection is it was a bit of a puzzle the first time as well.
    Well, after you showed me that the knurled knob was indeed the battery compartment cover, I finally noticed the little pictograph on the silver Consumer Electronics sticker that provides a clue. Duh.

That made me think that perhaps I should stick to those el cheapo orange ear plugs... the ones connected with a string that they issue to mill hands and whatnot.

In any event, I hope these things are what I've been looking for.

One of the wires to my battery contacts in my Sordins did in fact pop loose, I was told this was an issue with some of the older headsets. A friend at Atlantic Signal (local to me) had them fixed in about five minutes.

The big deal I see with the Sordins is durability, I abused the shit out of mine, and the noticeable sound quality vs other ear pro.

I really noted this at DARC while going through the LECTC-1 during the full mission profile runs. I was often hearing us taking sim rounds from the OPFOR while all the other guys were "Like, wut?" because they couldn't hear the rounds, or couldn't hear where they were coming from. Even in that chaos the Sordins gave me extra situational awareness that the other guys didn't have, it was like they were hard of hearing and I had bionic ears.
    I swapped ears with a couple of the other guys during runs through the missions to see if it was just me, it was not.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by lightning fast View Post
    I've broken 5 headbands on my Pro Ears so far. If you ever shoot in cold weather, like below 40*, you will encounter the same thing.
    This. Mine broke like 3 weeks after I got them. I returned them and didn't look back. This was all in the month of July too, so it doesn't even have to be cold.

http://everydayloadout.com/pro-ears-pro-mag-gold.html
    Join FPC

Quote Originally Posted by lightning fast View Post
    I've broken 5 headbands on my Pro Ears so far. If you ever shoot in cold weather, like below 40*, you will encounter the same thing.
    Hmmm . . . I haven't experienced that problem, and have 4 or 5 electronic Pro-ears and one non electronic. I've hunted with the former in sub zero weather. Wonder if they changed the more recent models, somehow?

I haven't found any other electronic muffs to offer better sound fidelity than the ProEars, so am interested in this review.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Just found my next pair of ears, thanks dude.
    Keep an eye out for deals, Safariland listed them on facebook for 50% on Black Friday

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    Vickers recently posted this to his Facebook page, if someone is looking for a 3rd option.

"I've been using these Peltor Comtac 1 ear pro for years - my hands down favorite electronic ear protection. If there is anything better I don't know what it is". Someone asked about Sordins" "I had some bad experiences with Sordins" and later said the battery contacts were the problem.

I had a set of these - they died after about 3 years - I sent them back to L3 for repair and never beard back from them.

Quote Originally Posted by SamAdams View Post
    Hmmm . . . I haven't experienced that problem, and have 4 or 5 electronic Pro-ears and one non electronic. I've hunted with the former in sub zero weather. Wonder if they changed the more recent models, somehow?

I haven't found any other electronic muffs to offer better sound fidelity than the ProEars, so am interested in this review.
    It's possible. ProEars is definitely aware of the issue. Every time I've contacted them, the only question they asked me was "Were they being used in chilly weather?" and then would send me a new headband immediately. Good CS, but it's really frustrating continually being without your favorite ears.

Sordins are pretty high on my list now, especially with the way they seal.

Has anyone give any hands on differences between the MSA Supreme Basic and the Supreme Pro?
    I just had my 2nd set of Howard Leight's die on me and I've been researching an upgrade, but don't want/need/afford to spend money i don't need to.

User Tag List