Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kydex Handcuff Pouch for Concealment

Kydex Handcuff Pouch for Concealment

I'm looking for a new handcuff pouch for concealed/street clothes use. After close to 9 years my Galco leather belt cuff pouch has decided that the snap holding it to my belt is not going to continue working. I've been lucky so far and had the cuffs (with pouch) land next to me on the ground as I exit the car, or the floor of the office.

Most of my gear is now kydex, and I figured this was a good excuse to get a kydex cuff pouch. Here's the thing... I want one that is a minimalist design. Ideally a tunnel loop so it doesn't take up a lot of belt space. But not such a large loop or attachment (Tek Lok for example) that it will stick out and be difficult to conceal. I typically wear untucked button down shirts or polos at work.

The companies I've contacted don't have the time to come up with a new design. Does anyone know of a maker who has such a thing? I can't be the only guy working plain clothes who carries cuffs (though some days at work it seems that way). I'd prefer not having straps or snaps to retain them. I really have no preference regarding chain up/down or single strand forward/rear.

This is the best photo I've found that represents what I'm trying to find.
    http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.ht...&f=23&t=116994

Thanks!

Thank you but those aren't kydex and they are designed for a duty belt. I'm using a 1.5" Liger belt most days.

Blue force gear is releasing a ten speed belt mounted handcuff pouch soon.

Quote Originally Posted by karmapolice View Post
    Blue force gear is releasing a ten speed belt mounted handcuff pouch soon.
    Interesting! I wonder how far below the belt they hang. Do you know if they will use belt loops or MOLLE?

edit: Found a photo. Looks like a nice piece of kit and I'll probably give one a try. But it in that pic it's hanging pretty far below the belt line.

Last edited by El Cid; 02-05-2015 at 09:27 PM.

Site Supporter
    Was gonna post the RCS link but JTQ beat me too it. The new low profile BFG stuff look's interesting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Thank you but those aren't kydex and they are designed for a duty belt. I'm using a 1.5" Liger belt most days.
    The 090 model is their Safarilaminate and works pretty well, as I have seen, for plain clothes guys on a regular Wilderness belt. The only reason I suggested it was because I believe it'll be the most effective and quickest solution from a reputable brand while fitting quite a few different cuffs.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I run the Raven Kydex carrier. It 's been working well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Interesting! I wonder how far below the belt they hang. Do you know if they will use belt loops or MOLLE?

edit: Found a photo. Looks like a nice piece of kit and I'll probably give one a try. But it in that pic it's hanging pretty far below the belt line.
    These will be belt specific, the nice thing is the low profile of them to me, and if you don't want to run cuffs you can take them out but still have a pouch mounted if you need to run them later and don't have to thread or clip on a holder as this will sit flat. I know on the M4 pouch they are going to have a hide and low ride option, maybe they will do the same with this.

User Tag List