Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Critical Spare parts kit for Glocks

Yes, I am thinking a second gun will be added. I would still like to have parts to maintain the primary gun if anything happens.

The only parts I've broken on a Glock pistol are an extractor on a Glock 23, and a slide lock spring on a Glock 19. I have seen people lose spring loaded bearings regularly enough that I would buy one or two and keep on hand. Trigger springs break enough that I would have one of those as well, although I've never seen it happen.

I would replace recoil springs every 5,000 rounds on Gen3 guns and every 10,000 rounds on Gen4 models - this according to a local Glock rep I spoke with.

So for me - OEM extractor, slide lock spring, spring loaded bearing, trigger spring, recoil spring, safety plunger spring, firing pin spring, and a set of the three pins. This and plenty of magazines.

A couple of friends have bought the Apex extractors to try out, and IMHO they're not worth the money. They don't seem to be the cure-all for extraction problems that some people thought. If you're having serious extraction issues it might be worth a shot if Glock cannot fix it, but other than that I don't think it's worth $60, when the factory part is $18. I tried the White Sound HRED on a problematic Glock 19 and it made no difference either. I've since tried it in two others with no noticeable change in ejection pattern. Again, not worth the money IMHO. YMMV.
    Last edited by Clay; 02-09-2015 at 01:18 PM.

I'm on the "have another gun" plan.
    Last edited by Failure2Stop; 02-09-2015 at 05:49 PM.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

I will be picking up a second G17 sometime soon. Thanks for the parts recommendations I have a shopping cart full to place an order for almost a second gun.

I've got a crapload of all the internal spare parts purchased decades ago ........ never used a single one.

The spring for the take down catch! I have seen a couple break on our old issued 19s. As well as one take down catch, it split in half and fell out of the gun. Both of those breaks resulted in slide leaving frames and a sidelined pistol. We have yet to replace a trigger return spring for breaking.

I have also seen several locking block pins bent or cracked in half on .40 cal Glocks, but not on 9s...

I recommend you replace recoil springs ever 3k-4k for .40s, very 5k-10k for 9mm. Many will say that is too often, but I have seen the results of worn springs, especially in the .40...
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

are there any kits you can buy or do you guys just put it together via glock meister?

Check put Glockparts.com

I buy from Brownells.

LWD has OEM and aftermarket parts for Glocks.

User Tag List