Thread: Leupold D-EVO

Leupold D-EVO

This seems to be the perfect add-on to Eotech EXPS3-0.........http://www.leupold.com/tactical/scopes/d-evo/d-evo/
    It brings total optics weight to 25 oz.

I was impressed by the devo when I tried it. As far as perfect, only if you think 25 oz is ok for a 1/6. I don't. Sub 20 oz 1-8 is about to hit the market.

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    I was impressed by the devo when I tried it. As far as perfect, only if you think 25 oz is ok for a 1/6. I don't. Sub 20 oz 1-8 is about to hit the market.
    Then you factor in the mount and if you run a QD mount, you're back to 25oz+. If you don't, maybe 21-24oz. That was the thing with VCOG that stood out. Everyone complained about 23oz without mount, but failed to take into account the 2.6-4oz QD mounts which gave you a 1-6X w/QD mount that weighed almost the same as a Kahles K16i with QD mount. Yet everyone kept saying the Kahles and others were "a lot lighter". Well, not taken as a whole, by much at all, if you use QD.
    Last edited by Unobtanium; 02-06-2015 at 06:21 AM.

Also, I'd add, one culd run a T1/T2 and D-EVO...

Been done

Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Been done

WHERE do I get one of those?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Then you factor in the mount and if you run a QD mount, you're back to 25oz+. If you don't, maybe 21-24oz. That was the thing with VCOG that stood out. Everyone complained about 23oz without mount, but failed to take into account the 2.6-4oz QD mounts which gave you a 1-6X w/QD mount that weighed almost the same as a Kahles K16i with QD mount. Yet everyone kept saying the Kahles and others were "a lot lighter". Well, not taken as a whole, by much at all, if you use QD.
    Sorry, I guess my point wasn't clear. We can argue about specific weights all day long, and then change them just as fast. I'll take a 1-8 for "similar" weight over a relatively heavier 1/6 any day. Previous 1-8's were way heavier, or of lower quality. No more. My uses may vary from your uses though.

Sorry, I guess my point wasn't clear. We can argue about specific weights all day long, and then change them just as fast. I'll take a 1-8 for "similar" weight over a relatively heavier 1/6 any day. Previous 1-8's were way heavier, or of lower quality. No more. My uses may vary from your uses though.
    I understand. I am looking forward to that optic as well. They are keeping it under wraps though. I must admit that the VCOG's keyed mount is a huge appeal to me though. I hate the concept of bending a metal tube with glass inside it, and that's how rings work.

Based on the context of some of your previous remarks, I'm guessing Nightforce?
    "I think we ought always to entertain our opinions with some measure of doubt. I shouldn't wish people dogmatically to believe any philosophy, not even mine." - Bertrand Russell

Are we not men?

Name:  devo.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  17.5 KB
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

User Tag List