Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Spyderco flatground: Delica4 or Endura4?

Delica for me, if I want anything longer it will likely be a fixed-blade. I pocket carry an ESEE-3 and most bigger stuff goes in the pack or daily carry bag.

Having said that, I do have an Endura clipped on my body armour...

I need someone to build a Spyderco with a wave, Delica sized blade and Endura sized handle. Would be my legal damn near everywhere pocket utility and BUST knife.

Get on it.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Love them both. My problem with the Endura is loosing them. I carry in my front pants pocket and the Endura is long enough to get pushed out of the pocket by my leg on occasion. LSP972 and others were buying Spyderco stock at one point until I changed to the Delica. I honestly don't remember how many I lost over the years. Granted they were not 4s, but the clips worked basically the same.

I've got a black Delica4 in my pocket as I type.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I need someone to build a Spyderco with a wave, Delica sized blade and Endura sized handle. Would be my legal damn near everywhere pocket utility and BUST knife.

Get on it.
    Sorry, this is the best I can do.

https://www.spyderco.com/catalog/lis...61&per_page=30

2015 catalog shows "Emersion Opener" available in both Endura and Delica.

Delica since WV law says blade lengths up to 3.5" for carry. Woods knives are fixed or Zero Tolerance.

I have bunches of Delicas and Enduras. Stout enough to do work I need, cheap enough that I can break, lose, or ditch them without much regret. I like the compactness and utility of the Delica, and it's smaller and more discreet appearance. I share Chuck's observation of hand/grip sizing. A Delica blade in an Endura handle would be awesome. I am also fond of the Spyderco/Kahr collaboration: https://www.kahr.com/kahr-branded-pr...knifekhaki.asp
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

I normally hate when people who don't answer the question I asked, but I'm going to do it here. For the money, I think a Tenacious/Persistance/Resilience is a much better knife. The Delica and Endura require a lot more force to open; it can be done one-handed but requires a wrist flick. I also despise lockbacks because they are the most difficult to close one-handed. The linerlock and G10 handles of the Tenacious/etc are really nice. The only thing you're really losing is the knife steel, as the Delica and Endura have VG-10 and the others are 8Cr13MoV, but the more I think about it, I'm sharpening my PM2 with its S30V every 2 weeks anyway because I want to maintain a razor-sharp edge. And you lose that level of sharpness fairly quickly regardless of the steel.

For an EDC utility knife I would spend half the money on a Persistance for a Delica-sized, and a Tenacious or Resilience for an Endura-sized knife.
    Join FPC

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    I have bunches of Delicas and Enduras. Stout enough to do work I need, cheap enough that I can break, lose, or ditch them without much regret. I like the compactness and utility of the Delica, and it's smaller and more discreet appearance. I share Chuck's observation of hand/grip sizing. A Delica blade in an Endura handle would be awesome. I am also fond of the Spyderco/Kahr collaboration: https://www.kahr.com/kahr-branded-pr...knifekhaki.asp
    I had not seen the Kahr knife before, damn near what I am looking for
    Last edited by Chuck Haggard; 02-06-2015 at 09:50 AM.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

This thread may get expensive for a few.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I had not seen the Kahr knife before, damn near when I am looking for
    Check out the Janich Custom Endura. May be even a bit closer to what you are looking for.

I've even seen a few homebrew Endura's cut that way with a wave notch cut in.
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 02-05-2015 at 04:44 PM.

User Tag List