Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Williams Admits Lying About Being Shot Down in Helicopter in Iraq

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    I could almost (almost) believe that you might "misremember" If your helicopter took small arms fire. But I'm betting an RPG hit is pretty damn memorable.
    I'm just not thinking you "mis-remember" being violently removed from the sky.

My cousin was on a Life Flight that had to make an emergency landing after a buzzard went through the windshield. He remembers that pretty well.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    I could almost (almost) believe that you might "misremember" If your helicopter took small arms fire. But I'm betting an RPG hit is pretty damn memorable. What a schmuck.
    Remember that he's a member of the press. An institution that, as a whole, cannot actually describe weapons they want banned with anything approaching a reasonable level of accuracy. Full of people who, at least at the apex of the profession, have apparently not even had so much as a bloody lip in the whole of their lives.

If somebody threw a pebble at the chopper he was on it could well be the most traumatic thing he's ever experienced.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I'm just not thinking you "mis-remember" being violently removed from the sky.

My cousin was on a Life Flight that had to make an emergency landing after a buzzard went through the windshield. He remembers that pretty well.
    Yeah I'm guessing that would get your attention! Stupid birds.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    Remember that he's a member of the press. An institution that, as a whole, cannot actually describe weapons they want banned with anything approaching a reasonable level of accuracy. Full of people who, at least at the apex of the profession, have apparently not even had so much as a bloody lip in the whole of their lives.

If somebody threw a pebble at the chopper he was on it could well be the most traumatic thing he's ever experienced.
    Exactly.

Now the pilot of the bird has chimed in. His version is that they did take a few AK rounds, impacting the cargo area, but from where Williams and the other press guys were sitting they probably didn't even know it until they were told.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post

Members of the press would probably claim PTSD because Green Beans coffee ran out of milk for their morning latte.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brian did some training with Cory and Erika.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Maybe Cory was on the same helo?

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    NBC has launched an investigation, and Williams has temporarily "stepped aside". Now that people are pouring over everything he's ever said, holes are starting to appear in other stories.

Don't see how the guy stays in his position now. His job description is, literally, "accurately describe events," and if NBC has a modicum of self-respect, he's going to have to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    NBC has launched an investigation, and Williams has temporarily "stepped aside". Now that people are pouring over everything he's ever said, holes are starting to appear in other stories.

Don't see how the guy stays in his position now. His job description is, literally, "accurately describe events," and if NBC has a modicum of self-respect, he's going to have to leave.
    The motto in practice is "describe events to increase viewership."

I find it quite unlikely he's been perpetuating fraudulent stories either just recently, or that he's been doing so alone. My thoughts are , NBC management knew he was full of it from the word go and decided a profitable liar who brought high viewers was a money train too big to stop , ethics be damned.

I also don't believe for a moment he's the only liar on the airwaves.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post
    The motto in practice is "describe events to increase viewership."

I find it quite unlikely he's been perpetuating fraudulent stories either just recently, or that he's been doing so alone. My thoughts are , NBC management knew he was full of it from the word go and decided a profitable liar who brought high viewers was a money train too big to stop , ethics be damned.

I also don't believe for a moment he's the only liar on the airwaves.
    According to an article I recently read, Tom Brokaw wants William's head and that everyone knew William's story was a load of BS back in 03 and many had told him to knock it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mitchum View Post
    Ouch!
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

User Tag List