Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front Pocket Fixed blade

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    No, an EDC blade primarily. I'm pretty hard on knives, and I constantly have to service pivots on my Emerson HD7 and even my Striders. The Graham was perfect for my use, but it was way to nice to use hard (even though it was plenty tough), and someone offered me REALLY good money for it, so I sold it. Now I'm trying to figure out how to replace it. I'm probably going to end up with the new Strider Tricon or the SA, as I know I won't break those.
    You can probably rule out the clinch pick then... It is a pretty specialized tool, and I always end up carrying a second knife in addition to my Clinch Pick for most cutting tasks.

As Cecil mentioned, for a defensive knife, I'm REALLY looking forward to playing with a push dagger attached to a Pocket Shield. I've played with other fixed blades in the pocket and they are not as natural to grip. Push daggers and pocket carry seem to go together pretty well.

That being said, it's pretty much a defense only knife. Whatever you choose, mounting to a Pocket Shield should be a no brainer. If the sheath sucks or won't work with the PS, send it to Dark Star Gear.

A few questions... Is this knife going to pull double duty for every day tasks as well as possible defensive application, or strictly every day tasks? Why pocket carry specifically opposed to belt carry?
    Owner of Aridus Industries. Creator of the Q-DC, CROM, and other fun shotgun stuff.

Site Supporter
    I've used an Izula mounted on a Pocket Shield on occasion.

If I wanted a combo chore and defensive fixed blade, and I am looking at just that, I'd go with one of the many small survival type blades that are commonly available, or something like one of the knives Nyeti talked about.

A Clinch Pick is perfect for what it's made for, but it ain't really a GP use knife.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Also define general purpose. I have a Rexford RUT that is a small titanium utility blade holder that is my GP blade. Larger blades are within reach but the RUT and CP are always there.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Fixed blade pocket shield here as well:

Name:  20150201_120224.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  60.9 KB

As a small business owner, "general purpose" for me is exactly as it sounds. I have to do anything and everything. I have a RUT in my pocket too, but in a single day, I might be working the farm, fixing a diesel truck, an electrician, plumber, or boiler repairman. And tomorrow, it will be something different.

Sorry. I misunderstood your original post. My bad. Definitely forget about my personal solution. While I do use the CP for some general utility tasks, it is not designed nor optimized to do so. And certainly the punch dagger does one task only!

My GP blade is a small folder also attached to the Pocket Shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I often carry a TDI in my weak side front pocket, draw is very much like going for a pocket pistol.
    How do you set it up for front pocket carry? small or large / model number. there are several.

To show off I would carry a Microtech OTF HALO serrated tanto. ( btw I know its best used as a letter opener)

I attached para cord to kydex sheath and when I pulled the OTF out of my pocket the kydex sheath would come off automatically .

User Tag List