Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Pocket Fixed blade

Front Pocket Fixed blade

I just sold my EDC, general purpose fixed blade, set up for front pocket carry (Graham ringed Razel), and now I'm looking for new ideas to replace it. I do have a Mick Strider custom SLCC with a pocket sheath, but that blade is very long, from spine to edge, and takes up alot of room in my pocket. I have a blade that's been on order for nearly three years now for this purpose, but I don't know when it will show.

Does anyone care to share their favorite fixed blade for front pocket carry?

I often carry a TDI in my weak side front pocket, draw is very much like going for a pocket pistol.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Does anyone care to share their favorite fixed blade for front pocket carry?

Clinch Pick, and/or a Special Circumstances Push Dagger.

The PD works particularly well for pocket carry since the grasp and draw is so natural to grabbing something in your pocket anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I often carry a TDI in my weak side front pocket, draw is very much like going for a pocket pistol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Clinch Pick, and/or a Special Circumstances Push Dagger.
    I'd love to see the sheath options for all of these with regards to pocket carry.

I carry a Strider DB in my front pocket with a rip cord. If I want to run a little lighter I'll go with a HiTS knife rigged the same way.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I had to look up the Razel to get a sense of what you liked.

CRKT has a lot of small fixed blades you could pocket carry with a static cord but if you don't mind paying extra I'd go with a Watson Mini HiTS in titanium.

I always have a 642 in the left front pocket whenever possible. But it it has to be a knife, I have one of the old Spyderco Ronin's in a molded Kydex pocket holster,with a fabric cover to prevent rattling.

If I can't have that, I have a carbon fiber fixed blade in a leather sheath that will not set off a metal detector, and will evade a not well-done patdown.

But my fave is my Joe Watson HiTS knife carried horizontally at 11:30. It does not meet your pocket carry spec, however.

Is the steel composition important? Do you need rust resistance, like H-1? Will it be a purely defensive blade?

I am really a fan of Joe Watson's work, it's a steal for the price.

Call me biased but I really dig a Clinch Pick mounted to the MDTS Pocket Shield.

http://www.mdtstraining.com/moduloader-pocket-shield/
    http://raven-concealment-systems1.my...pocket-shield/

I hate to be spammy and mention my stuff but this is what I think currently works the best with that knife:

If you have a Ban Tang Clinch Pick his sheath will bolt up with the included hardware from Raven.

If you snag something from Special Circumstances his sheath will attach as well.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Will it be a purely defensive blade?
    No, an EDC blade primarily. I'm pretty hard on knives, and I constantly have to service pivots on my Emerson HD7 and even my Striders. The Graham was perfect for my use, but it was way to nice to use hard (even though it was plenty tough), and someone offered me REALLY good money for it, so I sold it. Now I'm trying to figure out how to replace it. I'm probably going to end up with the new Strider Tricon or the SA, as I know I won't break those.

I have a friend who saw this thread and mentioned he is using a Dawson. Back in the day....I used a bunch Dawson stuff and they were always great performers, especially at their price point.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List