Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inceptor ARX ammunition?

I'm interested in the Lehigh version in .380 as an alternative to ball ammo in that caliber, would be interested in a .32acp loading as well. That's it. This stuff is certainly not a competitor for JHPs in the service calibers.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

The bullet design is very similar to the ones used for limited range ammunition, the flutes increase drag and this together with the low bullet weight results in a very low BC. Nothing new about it, only the material used and the hyped claims about terminal effects on soft targets.

I would like a terminal effects comparison to a FMJ/non expanding bullet of conventional design.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    They lost me at energy transfer
    They used too many "big words" for me. I am rather verbose and very technical, but I have noticed that with new products the quality and also truth in advertising is inversely proportional to the amount of phrases such as "inversely proportional" are used.

I want to own an ammo company so I can make a quality bonded police/defensive round and then advertise "We don't make magic bullets, but this shit works pretty good"
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I want to own an ammo company so I can make a quality bonded police/defensive round and then advertise "We don't make magic bullets, but this shit works pretty good"
    Problem is, you'd be competing with ATK/OLIN at that point, and economy of scale would slaughter you unless you discovered "something new". Then the US Government would steal it from you and you could enjoy a prolonged legal battle.

What fun is that when you can hint that it has a not-so depleted uranium core that will lead to a miniature ("contained") nuclear explosion when it hits a bad guy? No one will really believe you but you will still enjoy massive sales so people can whisper that their carry load is "like totally illegal dude but the energy transfer actually causes a close-to-nuclear explosion when it hits bone or something."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    ... so people can whisper that their carry load is "like totally illegal dude but the energy transfer actually causes a close-to-nuclear explosion when it hits bone or something."
    LOL. For a while I was in the Air Force Reserve (I know, I know… it seemed like a good idea at the time), right during the changeover from the M-15 .38 revolver to the M9. I got to be good pals with the CATM dudes at Barksdale, and brought home several boxes of government-boxed .38 ball; 130gr bullet, IIRC. I gave one of them to an acquaintance, and the next thing I knew, he was telling everybody that I had swiped some armor-piercing ammo from the Air Force and given him some of it, since we were such big buds and all…

Apparently the employees seem to think one needs to shoot their ammo to know it's garbage. It's like FMJ except FMJ doesn't fall apart, someone is reporting that the bullets are destroyed when shooting animals. I guess plastic and copper don't make for a really solid projectile.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Anyone else calculated the factor of these loads?
    The 9mm is 74x1475/1000=109.
    I doubt they function realiably unless you're using especially weak recoil springs.

Quote Originally Posted by T.Stahl View Post
    Anyone else calculated the factor of these loads?
    The 9mm is 74x1475/1000=109.
    I doubt they function realiably unless you're using especially weak recoil springs.
    Someone, who based on marital status, I can only assume is related said they run just fine in their gun. If they work for an employee trolling Facebook it must be good.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List