Thread: Hacks or Spartan sights

Hacks or Spartan sights

I have just installed HD yellow trijicons on my new Glock 19 gen3 and I light them alot. I was thinking of getting a set of Hacks or spartan tactical sights of my gen 2 glock 19. I installed warren carry sights on it a few years back when the tritium meps died and went to HK P30.

What would you get for a backup gun, I have no issue with 3 dot or single dot. My P30s have dawson tritium front and 10-8 black rears.

Site Supporter
    Why would you not just set up your back up exactly like your primary?

FWIW, I run an Ameriglo .125 green front painted orange by ameriglo or me depending on the age of said sight with a .180 yellow Pro Operator rear. The "Spartan" set up I believe, though myself and many others on the forum were putting this together pre Spartan. For me, an all black rear increases the likelihood of a less than optimal hit in low light v. having a dim 2-dotted rear.

YMMV Greatly.

David Barnes
    VCD Grips

Site Supporter
    If you like the yellow of the HD's, take a look at the CAP's or TCAP's. I use the TCAP's on 5 Glocks and like them a lot.

Site Supporter
    Much to my dismay. After installing Warren's a month or so ago on my Glock 19.

I handled a Glock for sale with Vicker's new battle sights.

They work really well.

I'm now heavily considering changing again.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Why would you not just set up your back up exactly like your primary?

FWIW, I run an Ameriglo .125 green front painted orange by ameriglo or me depending on the age of said sight with a .180 yellow Pro Operator rear. The "Spartan" set up I believe, though myself and many others on the forum were putting this together pre Spartan. For me, an all black rear increases the likelihood of a less than optimal hit in low light v. having a dim 2-dotted rear.

YMMV Greatly.

David Barnes
    VCD Grips
    Mainly looking at switching to get something close to what I am using. I have HD's on one G19 that after I get this holster set up I will be using that gun a lot. I guess the thing was I have not shot much with any gun with the Orange HD type sights.

I have not used Spartans or Hacks yet as well but I like the Black 10-8 and Dawson Tritium combo on the P30 that I carried for three years.

I'd match the HDs first if I liked them.

I actually have Hacks on my primary carry gun and Spartans on a secondary gun, but largely because I won the hacks first and didn't discover and track down the Spartan config until much later. The rears on the Spartans are subdued enough that I don't see any disadvantage to them over the hacks, but there is an advantage to having the rear dots if you need them.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I am a huge fan of the Ameriglo sights, I have the orange front, yellow trit rear on several of my Glocks
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

If you aren't going with HDs on your second G19 I'd go with the Spartans mainly because they're a similar set up, bright orange front dot with tritium up front and two tritium vials in the back.

I talked with Rich a few minutes ago and he said if I wanted something similar but smaller profile to try this

TCAP Green with circle with GL-212-165-120
    Pro Operator rear in yellow GL-229-OP-R (Pro Operator Series)

I am waiting on Trijicon to get back with me on price with their Trijicon discount for Vets/Military.

I can get the Spartan's for $88 dollars but this will be the last sight sight I can change out for awhile due to well new Medical bills that will grow in the next month or so.

User Tag List