Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Is DA/SA Obsolete (In Terms of Sales)?

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Looks to me like his index finger inadvertently pushed a too soft/flimsy holster into the trigger:
    I think you're right. Wow, must have shocked the hell out of him. He handled it pretty well, glad he was not hit.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    Which makes my point too. If you always do everything properly as trained, you won't ND any trigger.
    Agreed, but with a DA/SA you would need to do two things wrong when holstering: 1. forget to de-cock, 2. finger on trigger, or snag on something. The DA pull is so heavy if you did 1, but messed up on 2, it is far less likely that the gun will go off than with a SFA. 2 things have to go wrong with the TDA and only 1 with the SFA.
    Last edited by HammerStriker; 11-05-2019 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerStriker View Post
    Agreed, but with a DA/SA you would need to do two things wrong when holstering: 1. forget to de-cock, 2. finger on trigger, or snag on something. The DA pull is so heavy if you did 1, but messed up on 2, it is far less likely that the gun will go off than with a SFA. 2 things have to go wrong with the TDA and only 1 with the SFA.
    In the Front Sight data, about 1/3 Negligent Discharges happen holstering, about 1/3 drawing, with the balance all over the place. Seems like we mostly focus on the holstering discharges in these discussions on PF.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    In the Front Sight data, about 1/3 Negligent Discharges happen holstering, about 1/3 drawing, with the balance all over the place. Seems like we mostly focus on the holstering discharges in these discussions on PF.
    Interesting point. I'm thinking you're most likely to shoot yourself when holstering, that's probably why the focus on it. I have read Front Sight's AD/ND report and if I'm remembering correctly, there were more NDs with strikers than with TDA. Not sure if this is due the most students preferring strikers, so more striker guns out there? I wish it was possible to know the RATE of occurrence based on trigger mechanism.
    Last edited by HammerStriker; 11-05-2019 at 09:13 PM.

Seems like we mostly focus on the holstering discharges in these discussions on PF.
    No doubt tied to the popularity of AIWB here.

I recently saw a scary picture of a self-inflicted leg wound; reportedly it occurred when a garment snagged the trigger while holstering.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    No doubt tied to the popularity of AIWB here.

I recently saw a scary picture of a self-inflicted leg wound; reportedly it occurred when a garment snagged the trigger while holstering.
    Yikes, I'm guess it was not a de-cocked DA pull that fired after snagging....

Just like in aviation most accidents occur during takeoff and landing. With guns most are holstering and drawing.

Interesting point. I'm thinking you're most likely to shoot yourself when holstering, that's probably why the focus on it. I have read Front Sight's AD/ND report and if I'm remembering correctly, there were more NDs with strikers than with TDA. Not sure if this is due the most students preferring strikers, so more striker guns out there? I wish it was possible to know the RATE of occurrence based on trigger mechanism.
    It has been a year or two since I looked at the data, but despite a presumably high percentage of striker pistols going through there, I was surprised by how many DA/SA and 1911 pistols were involved in accidents.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yikes, I'm guess it was not a de-cocked DA pull that fired after snagging....
    Reportedly a Glock 19.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Just like in aviation most accidents occur during takeoff and landing. With guns most are holstering and drawing.
    On the range, yes. In totality, no. Admin handling is the bulk of unintended discharges, at least those that cause injury or death. Reversing clearing steps then pulling the trigger is a huge cause.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List