Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: An SME and a Staff member help out the Border Patrol and FoxNews

Our agency purposely color codes everything. 9mm ammo is issued in a black box and has a nickel case (in addition to having 9mm stamped on the base). our .40 ammo is issued in white boxes and is brass case (in addition to having .40 stamped on the base). Even when we put training wheels on the ammo to help folks out, they find a way to screw it up.

If you make something idiot proof, they will invent a better idiot.

Side note, DHS may well get a new gun in the next few years. I was told by some folks who are more in the know than me, that a Glock .40 would never get adopted. Not because the .40 Glocks have never run well with our ammo (and it has not), but because the chances of cross pollination between .40 and 9mm goes up exponentially if the mags and guns look exactly alike and the mags interchange. Which is why out Sigs are .40 and our Glocks are 9mm. that way, ammo may get in the wrong mag, but the wrong mags wont fit in the wrong gun... Is that a true management decision? I don't know, but it sounds entirely plausible.

That way, the 3000+ agents who bought a personal purchase G26 or 17 wont have to ditch them if we issued a G27/22 combo.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

The FBI is dealing with that same BS with going to the 9mm from the .40, apparently smaller calibers cause penis shrinkage.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    Typically, the first thing they'd have to do is that the FBI guy to the shoe store and buy boots - they'd show up in loafers.
    Off topic, but I just had a colleague tell me he wanted to go with me to do field work in the Great Basin and then down south into the Chihuahan desert. I told him that was fine, but that he would need a good pair of boots. He proceeded to inform me that his footwear, a pair of sneakers so worn down water from all the melted snow on the ground was leaking into them, would be fine for field work. When I explained to him, that there were thorns big enough to puncture his shoe and then require multiple stitches to close the wound in his foot...he insisted that he thought I was exaggerating...I wonder if he would have made a good FBI agent?

He also insisted that if he "had" to buy boots, boots should only cost $50 or less. When I informed him boots came in two prices, "expensive" and "damn expensive" he was apoplectic. I suspect he would make a great federal agent, actually....

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Ever noticed that 99.99% of the population of Canada is within, like, 25 feet of the US border? Yeah, don't think we're not wise to y'all. Of course the Border Patrol needs guns!

Yeah, I thought that was a stupid comment too. I must assume that it was sarcastic. People have NO IDEA the danger that agents face every day, and that is just from this administration. Going to work is pretty bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by okiwen View Post
    Yeah, I thought that was a stupid comment too. I must assume that it was sarcastic. People have NO IDEA the danger that agents face every day, and that is just from this administration. Going to work is pretty bad too.

Dude, you need to calibrate your sense of humor meter.

Site Supporter
    Maple syrup jokes aside, the last dude who tried to pull a gun on me was a Canadian, previously deported felon and OMG member.

Like sons of anarchy, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Dude, you need to calibrate your sense of humor meter.
    Maybe so. That is why I said I assumed it was sarcasm. But, look around at what agents are dealing with. Do you think there is a lot of humor for them? They are facing no paycheck and still doing the job they are allowed to do for the American people in spite of the most lawless administration in history. All this for 25% less than they were getting paid one year ago. <rant over> Thanks for listening. I feel better.

User Tag List