Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Israeli carry - a short experiment

A similar holster was built in the US in the 1980s when people thought them thar semi-autos was unsafe to carry with a round in the chamber. It was a flop, as it should have been.

A bud of mine who is a .mil guy in Spain sent me that video when it first came out, not to sound completely sexist, but his first hand knowledge of this promotional video was that the gal in question was not chosen for her skill at arms.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    I'd like to see the target.
    Word!

That guns was obviously all over the place, almost zero control outside of just plain dropping it.
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    I'll leave this here.

I remember the first time I fired a gun SHO...

Quote Originally Posted by FredM View Post
    I'd like to see the target.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    Word!

That guns was obviously all over the place, almost zero control outside of just plain dropping it.

I'm guessing the hillside is full of lead.

I'd like to work with her on skills.

I always find it amusing of all the fun made of the Israeli's and condition of their firearms.....because the US military would never be so derp as to have soldiers in the most advanced military in the world carry in this manner.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I'd like to work with her on skills.

I always find it amusing of all the fun made of the Israeli's and condition of their firearms.....because the US military would never be so derp as to have soldiers in the most advanced military in the world carry in this manner.
    But much of the US .mil bought Serpas.... umm, wait...............
    www.agiletactical.com

Speaking of Serpas, I was disheartened to see a Salt Lake PD officer carrying his Glock 22 in one the other day.

Good marketing vid; the dame definitely distracts from the derp on display.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by GardoneVT View Post

Being 27 has deleterious effects on my concentration .
    It only gets worse with age.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelD View Post
    Good marketing vid; the dame definitely distracts from the derp on display.
    I'm with you, right up until the "interview" at the end. If you look at the pistol in holster, the hammer is CLEARLY cocked - you'd think they'd have wanted to check that before they started chit-chatting to get the testimonial about how great the holster is...

Quote Originally Posted by T.Stahl View Post
    It was between Christmas and New Year. My brother and I were home at our mom's place. I had brought my cheap airsoft G17 and he had brought his whole range bag. We were talking in his old room, probably about the upcoming IPSC county championships (the main reason I brought the airsoft: to train and practise some procedures down in the garage), because he had his USP9e in his Sickinger Speed Machine and I had the airsoft in a no-name OWB plastic holster Marko Kloos had given me years ago.
    Somehow the subject turned to "Israeli carry" and we both agreed that it is silly. And to prove it I holstered the Airsoft G17 cocked and he put his HK uncocked in this high-speed gun presenting rack (can't really call that thing a 'holster').
    To make it short: I could even way for him to initiate his draw and still I had my gun extended and the trigger pressed before he had his USP9e racked and on target.
    One of the reasons most folks do so much better presenting from C1 than C3 is that they have spent a whole lot of time practicing C1 and little or no time practicing C3. I think there is a time and a place for each, and there are strengths and weaknesses to each depending on one's own equipment and situation, but speed of presentation really isn't that big a deal. For comparably trained shooters there is little difference, and if that little difference makes or breaks you in a real fight there are probably a number of other things that should be addressed. My $.02.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

User Tag List