Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Israeli carry - a short experiment

Israeli carry - a short experiment

It was between Christmas and New Year. My brother and I were home at our mom's place. I had brought my cheap airsoft G17 and he had brought his whole range bag. We were talking in his old room, probably about the upcoming IPSC county championships (the main reason I brought the airsoft: to train and practise some procedures down in the garage), because he had his USP9e in his Sickinger Speed Machine and I had the airsoft in a no-name OWB plastic holster Marko Kloos had given me years ago.
    Somehow the subject turned to "Israeli carry" and we both agreed that it is silly. And to prove it I holstered the Airsoft G17 cocked and he put his HK uncocked in this high-speed gun presenting rack (can't really call that thing a 'holster').
    To make it short: I could even way for him to initiate his draw and still I had my gun extended and the trigger pressed before he had his USP9e racked and on target.

It was only done for the equipment of the day.

No one actually takes it seriously anymore.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Director of R&D
    Law Tactical LLC
    www.lawtactical.com
    kevin@lawtactical.com
    407-451-4544

If I got stuck carrying a Tok I would carry that way, otherwise no.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    It was only done for the equipment of the day.

No one actually takes it seriously anymore.
    This ^^^

Back in the day, the is Israeli had to figure out a way for large numbers of "non-gun " people with minimal training to safely carry a variety of handguns and try to defend themselves and others. Given the task and the resources available it made sense for them at the time but it's not the bestest thing ever.

Site Supporter
    I seem to recall an episode of "Deadliest Warrior" (I know, I know) where a russkie guy carried a makarov in a holster that would rack the slide as part of the draw. You just force it down and you go from empty chamber to Mossad in like 2 seconds

I'll leave this here.

An unloaded gun when you need it is at best a crappy brick.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I seem to recall an episode of "Deadliest Warrior" (I know, I know) where a russkie guy carried a makarov in a holster that would rack the slide as part of the draw. You just force it down and you go from empty chamber to Mossad in like 2 seconds
    One of Neal Stephenson's characters in "ReaMdE had such a holster. I was not totally sure that it was real.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    I'll leave this here.

Im strangely conflicted by this video.If that brand of derp had to be marketed,im glad they choose her to do it.

Being 27 has deleterious effects on my concentration .
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    That holster exists. In person I saw Sonny Puzikas demo it. User pushed the Makarov down out the bottom of the holster. It was interesting and worked but was as bulky as a duty holster.
    I would rather carry chamber loaded in a conventional holster.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    I'll leave this here.
    I'd like to see the target.

User Tag List