Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Suit Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    The local club decided to throw an outlaw concealed carry match today, so I got to shoot the rare match in work clothes. The vest does a great job of concealing a VP9 and spare magazine comfortably in a JM George and appendix magazine pouch.Attachment 16116
    Now I see the resemblance:

Name:  IMG_1785.jpg
Views: 825
Size:  92.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Now I see the resemblance:
    I was going more for thisName:  lms-main1.jpg
Views: 746
Size:  50.2 KB, but I don't think I can really pull off dual VP9 carry as well as Mr_White used to with G34's.
    TY83544

Unfortunately I have to wear a suite way more than I would like but been finding my set up with just the plain undertech belly band aiwb with my shield in 9mm has been working the best. Not a vest guy and really not practical in Texas and the south where I travel. I also recently went with the Raven pocket shield that has really be much better than I expected. Sometimes I may holster in the 4:00 position but again in Texas likely will find my jacket off in many situations.

Sorry for the crappy iphone pics and glare but wanted this with gray so it shows least concealable color I wear vs my traditional dark suites which totally conceal the raven pocket shield. Obviously my jacket completely conceals everything. Not the easiest thing in the world to draw from but it actually works relatively decent. Shield sports 8+1 w/maggut springs and 10 in the spare.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Looks good!
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

I wear suits and am in and out of courthouses on a very regular basis. I have to mount and dismount my handgun every time. I prefer something IWB both easy to take off and that can be worn behind the right hip or just in front etc. Something with a good clip that is sturdy yet simple to dismount from the belt. Something like this from http://www.littlebearcustomholsters.com/aegis.php is a great option.

Name:  HKVP9 ELEPHANT from Little Bear Leather.jpg
Views: 754
Size:  51.6 KB

This is the Aegis Calypto in grey elephant for a VP9 using G-Code clips. Dave is excellent to work with and helped me design the mag carrier so that the clip can be ahead of the magazine. Very comfortable set up that meets my needs.
    Last edited by Mobettadefense; 04-30-2017 at 10:05 AM.
    Instagram @JuryTrialJedi

What Gary said Dismas, well done from a concealment standpoint & being a UT guy, do I see a burnt orange tie?

Just returned from church where I wear a suit or sport coat (lead usher @ Mass) & carry a Shield but IWB as the jacket is always on.

Was in a 2 day seminar last week wearing a sp. coat (minus tie) so went w/ a J pocket carried but still had OC, lite & edge, same as church but had the Shield in my folder which was ALWAYS arms distance.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 04-30-2017 at 12:31 PM.

So, is it better to resurrect a necro-thread when relevant material arises, or to start a new one? I usually go for resurrecting the old one, if I can find it, as that assembles the older material together, for the convenience of all.

Anyway. In today's Breach Bang Clear Twitter feed: Introducing Grayman & Company | Breach Bang Clear. Bespoke tailors for the Concealed Carry Market.

Grayman & Company

Grayman & Co. Tailoring | How does it work?

Happily, you do not have to visit a haberdashery.

Your measurements are put into an algorithm along with several pictures of you in various poses to ensure the tailor creates the best fitting suit possible. As they say,”Grayman and Company prides itself on being old-school tailors first.”

Their suits are all made-to-measure in a small ‘atelier’ with a staff of between five and eight. And only three of them will be sewing or cutting your suit. They send you a fitting garment first to ensure all those measurements on paper are the correct fit in real life and that everything hangs and drapes right where it should. Because so much detail is involved, proper tailoring is slow and careful and the entire process can take anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks to perfect the details of a suit.

This isn’t an off the rack suit that is just being taken in to fit you. The suit is designed to fit you and move with the way you move while armed.
    Jackets include a gusset at the shoulders, and they have some tricky buttons that are real buttons but can snap off if you're in a hurry. Videos at the link, watch them to see how they work.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I wear a suit or sport jacket 1-3 times a week. I carry in a Raven Perun OWB at 3:00 no cant. A Glock 26 with an OEM +2 is easy, as is a standard G19. A G17's grip is just long enough to print a little. My jackets are "stock" with a little extra room at the waistline. The only limitation I have is I'm unable to really drive my arms out to full extension unless I want to bust the jacket (like Chris Farley in Tommy Boy). I'm not convinced it's worth $1300.

The only time I wear a suit anymore is when we go on a cruise, so it's not really an issue for me. I just saw the link, and thought it might be useful to others.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    The only time I wear a suit anymore is when we go on a cruise, so it's not really an issue for me. I just saw the link, and thought it might be useful to others.
    I'm probably going to order one just for the craic of it.

Might as well give it a go.

I've wanted to drop coin on a Cool Action Suit as well, but there is something sketchy about the company that makes me feel like my money would be in danger.
    Last edited by TGS; 06-12-2018 at 07:17 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List