Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Suit Carry

Site Supporter
    I think body type and holster/belt/gun itself mating issues really drive the train here. I am 6'2'', 200ish. I have a 34 w(typically buy 36s as I AIWB) / 44L coat and conceal a G35 appendix with a sportcoat/suitcoat nearly every day.
    A purpose designed belt with a purpose designed holster goes a long way toward concealability and comfort. YMMV greatly.

DB

I've been attired in a suit every day this week with a full size M&P and 2 extra mags--no problems walking, standing, sitting, driving.

It helps to wear high quality, professionally tailored, adult clothing (ie. not hip hugger pants); refer back to post #110 in this thread...

Use a good holster.

If you carry at 3-5 o'clock, consider a sport coat or 2 piece suit; if you carry AIWB, then a 3-piece suit or double breasted suit are great choices.
    Last edited by DocGKR; 04-01-2017 at 02:17 AM.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Bill, Sawbones, Craig - what holsters are you using. Also, how much cant do you prefer in that position? Or straight drop?
    For G26: 10 degree cant, JMCK Version 2 or JMCK Hybrid. (The Hybrid has a slightly larger "volume" than the Version 2, which means it makes things feel just a bit "tighter" around the waist.)

For Colt .45 Auto CCO: 15 degree cant, Del Fatti ISP-SS w/sewn loop.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Here is a nice video discussing Gravati shoes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8TQ8o_W1_k

The local club decided to throw an outlaw concealed carry match today, so I got to shoot the rare match in work clothes. The vest does a great job of concealing a VP9 and spare magazine comfortably in a JM George and appendix magazine pouch.Name:  SuitCarry.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  99.7 KB
    TY83544

I dig the hat.

Very cool to have such opportunity.
    Last edited by YVK; 04-29-2017 at 06:18 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    This video about Bontoni shoes (very nice, as well as comfortable) was well done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmi0fZ45Q7I
    Just saw this. Twelve bills a pair. And I thought my Mannina and Santoni were expensive...
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    The local club decided to throw an outlaw concealed carry match today, so I got to shoot the rare match in work clothes. The vest does a great job of concealing a VP9 and spare magazine comfortably in a JM George and appendix magazine pouch.Name:  SuitCarry.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  99.7 KB
    Zack, the short barrel on the current VP9 makes your ass look big.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Zack, the short barrel on the current VP9 makes your ass look big.
    It is, but that's the trend on instagram now anyway. I look forward to the long slide making everything look proportionate.
    TY83544

Gravati is about half the cost of Bontoni and equally comfortable--mine are ordered with the "Beverley" rubber soles.

User Tag List