Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Suit Carry

I pretty much only wear a suit to church these days, but have never had a problem concealing in one. Strong side behind the hip with a good 2 or 3 slot "pancake" style rig works for me.

Last Sunday it was G17 on the right in a BladeTech total eclipse, G23/9mm on the left in a Glock sport/combat. Spare mag behind each, BladeTech single carriers. Bianchi belt.

I'm average build, in shape FWIW.

Lead usher on Sundays @ my church w/ some 350-400 peeps in either a custom made Oxxford suit or sport coat, w/ a Shield IWB @ 3:30 (spare mag,knife,light,mini IFAK) but the medium size can of Sabre Red (thx. Chuck) in a pocket is my primary.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 06-14-2018 at 08:32 PM.

Figured I'd update the thread.

I recently purchased a few Suit Supply traveler suits. Unlike any other traveler-style suits I've ever had. They are completely unstructured and unpadded, yet can still pass muster as a business suit. They are also completely unlined with the exception of the sleeves...….the idea being that lining usually adds to overheating, as well as being a major obstacle in being wrinkle free without a press. It's constructed with a two-ply 100% wool that is pretty stretchy and very durable. It actually feels like a rough polyester.

These things are amazing. Not only does the Suit Supply off-the-rack fit far surpass most other OTR suits (relatively high armholes, for instance), but this thing is just insanely comfortable. It's very agile; I have no problem assuming a proper isosceles stance. I think it's a combination of the relatively proper fit/cut, as well as the unstructured shoulders and high twist wool.

If you hold the suit up to the light, you can actually see through it almost like a lightweight jersey. When you put it on, the two ply fabric lays flat and you can't tell....I even tried it on while wearing a bright yellow camp shirt, and I couldn't see the yellow fabric through the suit. A breeze goes right through the suit.

I also bought 3 of the Suit Supply traveler shirts on the spot, which are also very well fitted off the rack and also constructed similarly to the suit, but of cotton. It's an insanely comfortable and clean looking combination....I look better in these suits than everything except my MTM suit. What's really cool? The wrinkle-free claim is legit. You can basically just put it on, and within a few minutes it will naturally unwrinkle itself. I purchased 6 more of the shirts fitted for my body armor.

Highly recommended. The navy is a killer combo with the Allen Edmonds cap toe 5th Ave oxfords in dark chili that I've been breaking in and enjoying.
    Last edited by TGS; 07-25-2018 at 09:40 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Figured I'd update the thread

I recently purchased a few Suit Supply traveler suits. Highly recommended. ..
    These guys: https://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/home?

How about carry? That was the point of the thread, after all. Does the lack of a lining effect concealability?

Not that I wear a suit often enough to matter, let alone pay those prices...

The navy is a killer combo with the Allen Edmonds cap toe 5th Ave oxfords in dark chili that I've been breaking in and enjoying.[/QUOTE]

Oxfords. My feet hurt just thinking about wearing hard shoes again...
    Last edited by Drang; 07-26-2018 at 12:22 AM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

It's a very lightweight, unlined jacket....so it shows bumps more than a heavy wool. With that said, it isn't printing any worse than any other suit I own.

You get what you pay for in suits and shoes. $600 isn't a terribly expensive price for a suit, especially considering what you get compared to a $200 Jos A Bank/Men's Wearhouse or $1000 department store suit which are often Jos a bank/Wearhouse suits rebranded and sold under a not-so-upfront economy line of a popular name, like Ralph Lauren, or even a completely different company that bought rights to a name (Lauren Ralph Lauren).

As for oxfords, the Allen Edmonds were down right painful on the first day. Now that they're broken in, they are very comfortable. Some of the most comfortable shoes (overall out of all footwear) I've ever owned, and after a full day they're much more supportive (preventing fatigue) than any other dress shoe I've had. Not only that, it's nice to support a quintessential American company with such good support and business ethics. Considering the shoe will last a lifetime with very affordable factory resoles (everything by hand), you get more than you pay for compared to cheap shoes. Given the dainite sole, they're probably the best dress shoe you can get for a gun-carrying person. No slip, no slide, all the support you need.

Concealment isn't the only thing this thread is about. The qualities of these items would allow me to shoot a stress course and not be too far off efficiency wise compared to regular street clothes. That counts for a LOT compared to most business wear that is purpose built with cheap
    fabrics and barely fit a wide range of people, meaning they're very restrictive.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

It’s been many years since I carried in a suit, and it was a NPE (Chicago loop in the early 90s.) I usually carried a 640 in a Null SKR shoulder rig. It served the purpose; at that point in time in my industry, gentlemen did not remove their jackets in the office. Things changed very quickly, though and by the end of the decade work casual was the norm which made for much easier carry - thank you, pleated Dockers.

Best shirts I've found to date, made in America, in Texas: https://hamiltonshirts.com
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List