Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: NFA group therapy thread

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    That’s a nice deal there, for sure.

Just a thought before you order the 5.56 can....

If you have any suppressible 30 cals now or on the horizon, you may want to look at a 30 cal can for your 5.56.

There are several short 30 cal cans that do a great job on 5.56. Many have 22 cal end caps if you want to use them as well.

The ability to use it on more than one caliber outweighs any slight dB difference, in my opinion. Certainly others may feel differently.

I’ve two 5.56 and two 30 cals and I regret the 5.56s, honestly.

Just a thought...

Good luck with whatever you decide suits you best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the advice! Currently leaning towards the Dead Air Sandman-S for that reason, actually. Currently only have 1 .30 cal rifle and it is not threaded for a suppressor, but I am sure that will change in the future. Agreed that the .30 cal suppressor does seem like the smarter purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Thanks for the advice! Currently leaning towards the Dead Air Sandman-S for that reason, actually. Currently only have 1 .30 cal rifle and it is not threaded for a suppressor, but I am sure that will change in the future. Agreed that the .30 cal suppressor does seem like the smarter purchase!
    I’ve the Sandman S and L, coincidently.

I’d love to add the Sandman K for my 5.56 SBR but already have the two 5.56 cans I mentioned earlier. One is standard size and one K size.

Having one mount for all rifles and different length cans is a nice place to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Just submitted my 2nd form one... going to make essentially a cheaper duplicate of my existing SBR so I can run wolf through it/otherwise not take care of it and feel slightly less bad about it. Yes, that is a flimsy justification, so sue me.

Just bought a YHM Turbo K... my first NFA item... and all I got was a lousy sticker...

So the wait begins...

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Nomad would be my choice.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Just bought a YHM Turbo K... my first NFA item... and all I got was a lousy sticker...

So the wait begins...
    Just got my Turbo K a month ago - submitted Feb 2020 - approved and received July 2020 - just over 5 months on a trust via Silencer shop kiosk.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Just got my Turbo K a month ago - submitted Feb 2020 - approved and received July 2020 - just over 5 months on a trust via Silencer shop kiosk.
    This one will be individual, on paper, and I know it's going to be a wait either way... but I'm hoping maybe I'll see it by next spring. Being my first NFA item, I'm sure it may be a slightly longer wait. I would have preferred e-file via kiosk, but no one with a kiosk had the can in stock.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    This one will be individual, on paper, and I know it's going to be a wait either way... but I'm hoping maybe I'll see it by next spring. Being my first NFA item, I'm sure it may be a slightly longer wait. I would have preferred e-file via kiosk, but no one with a kiosk had the can in stock.
    I bought my first couple NFA items as an individual but Trust is the way to go. The silencer shop trust is a great value and works for paper / non silencer shop submissions as well. None of us will be around forever and even if you are single without kids the trust just makes things easier for whomever has to handle your affairs.

Stamp for my 9mm can finally arrived last night, after 10 months. Now I'm all hot and bothered, not about the suppressor, but about the 14" Vanged-out 870 I bought in May. It'd be a pretty nice Christmas present if that stamp arrived.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Site Supporter

The Wait begins...

Just purchased a Dead Air Nomad and Rugged Obsidian 45. It’s nice to be in the free part of the country again.
    Thanks to all for the great info look forward to shootings these next year!

User Tag List