Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: NFA group therapy thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Octane 45K Form 4 was accepted on 8/10/15 and stamp received on 1/12/16. I can't make it down to THSF to pick it up for 3 weeks - makes me want to kick a baby.
    We were close. My Form 4 check cashed 8/11/15, received the stamp 1/2/16. Anything under 6 months for a Form 4 submitted after 12/31/15 would make me a happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    Probably closer to 5-6 months now.
    I submitted my first Form 4 (Trust) in September (pending on 18th) and I've been watching the approval trends like a hawk on NFA Tracker, Arfcom, and M4C. When I submitted, four months (120 days) was the average, almost to the day. Starting in December, the 120 day average started creeping up and right now some are reporting their approvals around the 150 day mark. Some are still reporting 120 days, but there are a lot of August submissions still outstanding, which puts some of them into their 5th month (150 days).

Given the massive amount of submissions when the AG signed 41P/F on January 4th, I can't imagine the wait times staying the same for anything submitted recently. My guess is six months from pending, minimum. Obviously, it's just a guess based on what I'm reading at the above mentioned websites. I don't expect my Sept 19th pending form until at least Feb 16th, which is 150 days. I submitted another Form 4 Trust, pending Oct 23rd, and I'm thinking I'll see that sometime in April.

A quick look at the trend graph on NFA Tracker shows the same upward trend. Uncheck the (blue) boxes that don't apply to your submission at the top and hit set filter.
    Last edited by StraitR; 01-13-2016 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Date edit

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    efile form1 sbr 9/12/15
    Approved 1/14/16

yessssss
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Approved 1/14/16

yessssss
    Grats! Make sure to post pictures of it.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan87 View Post
    Grats! Make sure to post pictures of it.
    Nope, no photos.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

This arrived from the ATF today...

Good Afternoon:

You are receiving this email because you are a registered eForms user

ATF eForms Update

The new eForms has been named the “Firearms and Explosives Application Module (FEAM)”. This name was selected to emphasis that FEAM is more than a “fillable form”. It is a business process module which will include at a minimum the functionality listed below:

· Auto assignment – All applications will be immediately upon submission assigned to an examiner for processing.
    · Auto approval – Some forms, like the ATF Forms 2 and 3, if they meet certain pre-determined criteria will be automatically approved by the FEAM system upon submission.
    · Internal controls and performance measurement reporting – ATF has a full audit trail of every application received with date and time stamps for every step in the process. Digital signatures can be used to lock down portions of the form to ensure the security of the data and the authenticity of the submitter.
    · Improved business processes with automatic Records Management & Retention, as mandated by the Office of Management and Budget.
    · Electronic Signature (for submitter and ATF personnel) - provides enhanced authentication, validation and improves processing and approval.
    · Enhance Industry satisfaction: user-friendly interaction.
    · FEAM provides the Application Program Interface (APIs) needed to update the existing ATF back end databases, to allow for the batch submission of multiple forms using one computer session.
    · Improves efficiency for the Enforcement Programs and Services staff – Forms can be automatically routed, evaluated and tracked so that final determinations can be made in a consistent and expeditious manner.

We had hoped to be able to present the first iteration of FEAM at the 2016 SHOT Show. ATF performed an assessment of what was contracted to be developed for FEAM and what the contractor planned to deliver. At the end of the assessment, all parties involved felt that the product outlined in the current contract did not fully provide all the functionality that we expected, or that the industry requested. For these reasons we decided that rather than to continue on the current course, we would take the steps listed below to ensure that FEAM is a worthwhile investment for both the industry and ATF:

1. Curtail the current development effort.
    2. Determine what is needed to sustain the existing eForms system, until the full requirements for FEAM can be determined and developed.
    3. Make the necessary changes to eForms to stabilize the infrastructure with the ever-increasing user population.
    4. Determine if we can re-introduce the Form 3 to the current eForms, through load testing and other system validations.
    5. Perform an assessment of the ATF and industry requirements for FEAM.
    6. Secure required funding for a new FEAM initiative, based on the revised requirements.
    7. Restart the FEAM initiative, to include industry participation during the requirements gathering and testing processes.

We look at this as only a minor delay. It is our intention to use this delay to acquire the tools and resources necessary to develop a product that will provide more functionality and a stable workflow process and infrastructure. All the work previously done on FEAM is not lost. It will be the foundation for the work that is yet to come. If you have any questions you can contact Lee Alston-Williams at lee.alston-williams@atf.gov.

Good info Steve, thanks for sharing.

And since this is the NFA group therapy thread, tomorrow marks 120 days on my Omega submission, so I'm starting to get antsy.

http://blog.silencershop.com/atf-41f-published-today/

Interesting 41F breakdown from SS.

Notably, exemption for prints/pics if you've had an approval in the last 2 years.

Also, it seems you can modify trust at anytime to remove trustees for an approval and simply add them back afterwards after the stamp is received to avoid all the prints/pics. SS was discussing that on their FB page.

Seems as if the final form is significantly different than what we expected.

Still sucks...just less sucky than before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a thread in the NFA section on M4C about the email that Steve shared. Apparently, they sent that email out in batches, alphabetically. It looks like the G-H email was sent to a total 1400 recipients, and the recipients were CC'd instead of BCC'd, so everyone knows the other recipient addresses. Meh, privacy is overrated.

LOL, way to go.
    Last edited by StraitR; 01-16-2016 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    There is a thread in the NFA section on M4C about the email that Steve shared. Apparently, they sent that email out in batches, alphabetically. It looks like the G-H email was sent with a total 1400 emails, and the recipients were CC'd instead of BCC'd, so everyone knows the other recipient addresses. Meh, privacy is overrated.

LOL, way to go.
    Yeah I got mine and looked and it was BCC since I did not see any email addresses.

I do like how it will go to an examiner. It was funny I sent 2 emails one from a hotmail acct that got no response and another that got a response in 30 mins, from my Fusion Center account. I guess it all depends on who you are. That is why I like knowing that it might be going to examiner 4 that will take 3 months and examiner 8 will take 5 months or what not.

User Tag List