Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: B&T Suppressors?

B&T Suppressors?

Anyone got any time on B&T suppressors? I know they are relatively new to the market, but most seem pretty competitive on price.

I was specifically looking at the NATO attachment rifle suppressors as a first purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    Anyone got any time on B&T suppressors? I know they are relatively new to the market, but most seem pretty competitive on price.

I was specifically looking at the NATO attachment rifle suppressors as a first purchase.
    They’re new to the American market but B&T has been making suppressors for decades. They’re the OEM suppressor manufacturer for several European gun companies like Glock and HK. I just picked up an RBS 9 SQD but haven’t had a chance to put any rounds through it yet. Hopefully Monday.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

really would like to see a comparison between Surefire (as the industry standard) and B&T (the new kid)!
    Last edited by overton; 08-18-2023 at 10:03 AM.

Site Supporter
    They’re very prevalent in Europe and have been for decades.

US adoption / availability has been limited / slow because of red tape.

I’d say make sure the B&T model fit your needs.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by overton View Post
    really would like to see a comparison between Surefire (as the industry standard) and B&T (the new kid)!
    Griffin Armament put out some Youtube videos comparing different cans.

I believe they used one of B&T's Rotex cans. The numbers are abysmal.

Thanks! That sucks for Europeans who can basically choose between B&T and AseUtra.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Griffin Armament put out some Youtube videos comparing different cans.

I believe they used one of B&T's Rotex cans. The numbers are abysmal.
    I don't know nothing from nothing, but I am hesitant to trust a test by a company about a competitors product.

Well, paperwork in, just waiting on approval. Went with a the 7.62 Rotex NATO.

It might not be the best can ever, but as long as it moderates .308 and .223 down to tolerable levels it will be acceptable, and the price was right.

First suppressor, so will see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by MandoWookie View Post
    I don't know nothing from nothing, but I am hesitant to trust a test by a company about a competitors product.
    It's your money brother.

They publish their testing protocol. I have no real reason to believe they're flubbing the testing protocol to weight the results in their favor. Stranger things have happened. Caveat Emptor I suppose.

I got to fire half a magazine through my APC9 with the RBS9 SQD suppressor on it last week. I would have liked to fire more but ran out of time. All ammunition used was supersonic so things were obviously not as quiet as possible but a lot of the bite was taken out of the noise. I was still wearing ear protection. The only subsonic 9mm I currently have at the house is Winchester Ranger 147gr. I’ll fire a few rounds of that next time I have the opportunity to take the gun to the range. The APC9 is a straight blowback gun so it’s already got a lot of gas heading back into the action when fired. The reduced back pressure features of the suppressor worked as advertised. I didn’t notice any additional gas to the face. No burning of the eyes or anything. Next time I take the gun out, I also plan on firing groups at my zero distance with the suppressor indexed on each of the three lugs to see if there are any POI shifts.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List