Thread: Omega 9K for a dedicated 9mm SBR suppressor?

Omega 9K for a dedicated 9mm SBR suppressor?

I currently have four 9mm SBRs (thank you, amnesty) and one YHM R9 suppressor mounted using YHM’s sRx taper mount. I’m finding it spends most of the time on my MPX-K with a 8” handguard. Moving the R9 to another gun takes the MPX-K out of service unless I switch back to the original short handguard. I’m seriously considering picking up another 9mm suppressor and direct threading it on the MPX-K.

How is the SiCo Omega 9K? It seems to be a popular model. How gassy is it?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I can't speak to putting on on an MPX, but I've owned an omega 9k for years and have it mostly on a 300 BLK gun, but it also spends time on a variety of blowback PCCs with 4.5, 8, and 16" barrel lengths. I am also a lefty, so I'm fairly cognizant of blowback on rifles. In my experience, the 9K is a higher backpressure can, especially with 9mm. When shooting standard ammo in a blowback PCC, I was getting peppered in the face with debris from the chamber. I ended up working up a load with Titewad power that was slightly underpowered compared to factory stuff that solved all of those problems for me. I think the 9k was one of SilencerCo's best products when it came out, and even though there are other similar options with better specs and features now, I still like the simplicity and size of the 9k. If I was going to get something dedicated to a rifle, I might consider some of the newer gen cans that will still sound good at the muzzle, but also are designed with better flow through characteristics that would improve the sound at the shooter's ear as well, like the Cash9 (terrible name BTW). I've also hear a lot of good about the OCL Lithium.

I keep my 9K hooked onto a 9mm delayed-blowback SBR. Gas is there and noticeable, I'm still happy with it. A tough can- it will take 300BLK in both sub and super, if I remember correctly.

I forget the name of the new 9mm can that SiCo put out at SHOT, but as I recall, it was supposed to be 9K quiet while both weighing less and having less backpressure.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List