Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: NFA group therapy thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    well, pulled the trigger on my first can.

Buddy had 2x SilencerCo Octane 45HDs pending Form 4 approval at his FFL, decided he didn't need two of the same can. Offered to sell me one of them for $350 shipped. Couldn't say no.

He's going to cancel one of the Form 4s and apply for a refund, then Form 3 it to my FFL. Will file my Form 4 when it arrives. Excited !

Next up will be a 5.56 can....
    Thatís a nice deal there, for sure.

Just a thought before you order the 5.56 can....

If you have any suppressible 30 cals now or on the horizon, you may want to look at a 30 cal can for your 5.56.

There are several short 30 cal cans that do a great job on 5.56. Many have 22 cal end caps if you want to use them as well.

The ability to use it on more than one caliber outweighs any slight dB difference, in my opinion. Certainly others may feel differently.

Iíve two 5.56 and two 30 cals and I regret the 5.56s, honestly.

Just a thought...

Good luck with whatever you decide suits you best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    Thatís a nice deal there, for sure.

Just a thought before you order the 5.56 can....

If you have any suppressible 30 cals now or on the horizon, you may want to look at a 30 cal can for your 5.56.

There are several short 30 cal cans that do a great job on 5.56. Many have 22 cal end caps if you want to use them as well.

The ability to use it on more than one caliber outweighs any slight dB difference, in my opinion. Certainly others may feel differently.

Iíve two 5.56 and two 30 cals and I regret the 5.56s, honestly.

Just a thought...

Good luck with whatever you decide suits you best.

Thanks for the advice! Currently leaning towards the Dead Air Sandman-S for that reason, actually. Currently only have 1 .30 cal rifle and it is not threaded for a suppressor, but I am sure that will change in the future. Agreed that the .30 cal suppressor does seem like the smarter purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Thanks for the advice! Currently leaning towards the Dead Air Sandman-S for that reason, actually. Currently only have 1 .30 cal rifle and it is not threaded for a suppressor, but I am sure that will change in the future. Agreed that the .30 cal suppressor does seem like the smarter purchase!
    Iíve the Sandman S and L, coincidently.

Iíd love to add the Sandman K for my 5.56 SBR but already have the two 5.56 cans I mentioned earlier. One is standard size and one K size.

Having one mount for all rifles and different length cans is a nice place to be.

Just submitted my 2nd form one... going to make essentially a cheaper duplicate of my existing SBR so I can run wolf through it/otherwise not take care of it and feel slightly less bad about it. Yes, that is a flimsy justification, so sue me.

User Tag List