Thread: Lpa sight rail

Lpa sight rail

Hi. Im very new here on this forum. Have been thinking about a way to mount Burris fast fire III reflex sight on my cz TS 75 and cz sp 01 shadow. I'm mostly shooting paper at 25m-50m
    I didn't want to mount some bulky frame on the pistol so I drew this up. It's going to replace the rear LPA sight. It's made from 7075 weapons grade aluminium and weighs in at 20,5 grams. The sight is about 25 grams. Im going to use the screws to hold it down on the top slide with pressure.

Just looking for some input and insight if anyone has ever tried something like or simular to this.

Thanks for reading.

Atli S
    Iceland.

Over 50 view and nothing. Please give me something

Similar mounts have been done for M&Ps and such. I don't recall by whom.

I think the main concern is durability, plus the additional height. For poking paper at the range, I don't see any issue with it. If it brings you joy, it's a good idea.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Yea, a number of companies make similar mounts. Here's one example:
    http://www.brownells.com/optics-moun...prod41019.aspx

Zero drift is the biggest complaint I've seen from people (for this general type of mount), but that seems to depend on a lot of factors. I don't think all such mounts are doomed to drift, but they'll obviously never be as stable as a milled slide.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

User Tag List