Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Newest arrival: NY-1 massaged by Sand Burr's Denny Reichard

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Luthier View Post
    This is about as necro-posting as I have ever done in 20+ years of Internet presence, but I have watched a good armorer (then Sr Deputy George Knox, San Francisco Sheriff's Department, circa 1988) adjust a fixed-sight pinned barrel S & W that needed windage work.
    He had a sick grin on the whole time, and asked me to not speak of what I'd seen. Now that he's likely long-retired, I can open my yap.

Good Lord, but I would enjoy and properly employ a 3" barreled round butt model 64 NY-1.

RIP, Denny.
    George taught me how to shoot. I hope the RIP isn't for him. George hated S&W revolvers for duty issue, BTW. I lost track of him after I left SFSD.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    George taught me how to shoot. I hope the RIP isn't for him. George hated S&W revolvers for duty issue, BTW. I lost track of him after I left SFSD.
    I believe the RIP is for Denny Reichard.

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    No, the RIP was for Mr. Reichard.
    I too have lost track of George. I hope he is well.
    I would be *very happy* to see him turn up here.

He also taught me to shoot; and all the revolvers I currently own have been through his hands.

He liked the issued Ruger Service-Six series, I recall.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

The 4” NY-1 RB in the OP gives me a serious chubby.

A 1980 era 3” 64 was my only handgun for a number of years - IIRC it was actually my second handgun purchase, but the one that stuck. (Stupid me bought a 4” 586 on my 21st birthday and only fed it the case of ten year old Remington-Peters full house 158g magnums I found in the basement. Turned me right off from the .357 for years.) I think I bought the 64 with my next paycheck as a reaction, and sold the 586 soon thereafter; I still have the 64 and will never sell it.

Because of the 64, I have a thing for RB K frames. In my late 20s I was considering a reserve officer position in my town, and almost bought a 4” 681 to use for that. I fully intended to send it off to be RBed but the commission never happened, and I’ve never been in a position to find another 681.

This is serious thread drift, but last year I did pick up a S&W that pulls the same strings for me. It’s a 4” RB 619, an L frame with an unlugged HB similar to a 65. I have a set of compact rubber Hogues on it, and it’s proving to be a delightful holster gun. I like revolvers for when I’m in the woods, and with me moving to moose and bear country...
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List