Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30SK

I lean towards the P30SK for a number of reasons:

1) more sight options for the P30 series

2) P30 seems to more often hit tip of front sight compared to drive the dot with the P2000

3) P30SK has more traction on grip.

4) P30SK is more adjustable with side panels.

5) P30SK comes with a bigger mag release.

6) P30SK readily available with light LEM.

7) P30SK design makes it less likely to pinch reloading.

8) P30SK mag well seems more forgiving.

9) with finger ledge magazine extension, P30SK offers a full finger grip.

10) P30SK is less expensive.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I lean towards the P30SK for a number of reasons:

1) more sight options for the P30 series

2) P30 seems to more often hit tip of front sight compared to drive the dot with the P2000

3) P30SK has more traction on grip.

4) P30SK is more adjustable with side panels.

5) P30SK comes with a bigger mag release.

6) P30SK readily available with light LEM.

7) P30SK design makes it less likely to pinch reloading.

8) P30SK mag well seems more forgiving.

9) with finger ledge magazine extension, P30SK offers a full finger grip.

10) P30SK is less expensive.

Yep.....

I posted on it elsewhere, but a bit of a rehash. I did not think I needed a P30SK until I got one and decided it was just different enough from the P2000 to justify. First time I shot it, it was fantastic, except it shot a little high. I likely should have left well enough alone.....but fell in love with it for a travel gun and kind of made it not so great. I started monkeying around with sights and have not had good luck with my normal preferred 10-8 rear and stock front. Tried a couple different front sights and they are not doing what I want in combination with the 10-8 rear. Not tragic level bad, just not perfect. I also used the P30 Sk as my LEM 4.1 experiment. I like the 4.1, but I found that performance wise going to the Medium weight LEM from the light LEM and the sights that required me to spend more time on them made the P30SK not as good a performer for me as a P2000SK with a light LEM and Trijicon Orange HD's. I prefer the handling of the P30SK to the P2000SK, but I need to make up for the performance gap I have now on precision shooting. For speed stuff close, the P30SK handles like a bigger gun, which is a big plus for me.
    The P30SK is getting Trijicon HD's installed be a local guy and when I eventually get it back it will be a dedicated range session to see again where I am at shooting wise against the P2000SK. Hopefully, the sights will hit dead on like they do on the P2000SK and I can shoot the medium LEM reasonably close to the light LEM.
    It is a process right now to get the P30SK configured the way I want and also performing as well as it did when I first got it. I hated the Meprolight sights for concealed carry, but I may have been better off just leaving them alone and blackened the rears with a sharpie.
    I would like the P30SK to be my daily carry, but right now I am doing fine with the P2000SK until I get the P30SK perfect.

My normal load with it is to use a 10 round flat magazine and two spares on my body and two in a bag. When I travel I use Five Ten rounders for going to ban States. When not going to ban states, I use VP 9/P30 magazines as spares.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 12-28-2016 at 12:32 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I like my P30SK too. Feels much better than a G26. I like the Springer Precision base plates. They give me just enough purchase for my pinkie finger. Shoots 6 different factory JHP's under 2" at 20 yards.

Name:  IMG_6483.jpg
Views: 1996
Size:  66.2 KB
    Last edited by LtDave; 12-28-2016 at 03:29 PM. Reason: changed picture
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

damn I want a P30SK so bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    damn I want a P30SK so bad...
    $499.99 at CDNN.

CDNN is a Great company, no one else is under $550 for a V1. I have bought 2 guns from them, smooth as butter. My P30sk will be coming from them.
    EAA SAR k2p 9mm Taurus pt911 g2 9mm
    Ruger LCP 380 Walther PPS 9mm
    Beretta px4 storm 9mm Sig Sauer P250 9mm full size
    Sig Mosquito S&W Bodyguard 380

I just bought one from cdnn and it was at my dealer two days later. Great customer service and the gun is amazing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

You all aren't helping...

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    You all aren't helping...
    You should totally order one.

Got a question for ya'll experts: I'm assuming that the "standard" sight picture for HKs is sight picture 3, as in the attached graphic. I guess I've gotten this impression based on so many posts over at the "pro" forum, when the question of sight picture comes up.

So, if I read my P30SK Operator's Manual, on page 20 is a diagram which kind of suggests that the rounds should impact directly over the front sight, or sight picture 2. (The same diagram is in my VP9 manual.)

So far, I don't really have a lot of rounds through the P30SK (306 rounds) but my sense is that so far, it seems to like the "drive the dot" sight picture. I have the standard HK glow in the dark sights that came with the gun (P30SK Lite LEM V1) Given my limited experience, is there anything I'm missing here in terms of using sight picture 3 for both of my HKs?

Yes I realize I need training, and I'm working on that, but I don't want to miss something fairly obvious if there is some key difference in sight picture.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

User Tag List