Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23313233

Thread: HK P30SK

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What is interesting is my two P30L DA/SA models have great triggers for an HK. In the full size, you can switch out hammer springs, but I don’t believe there is a lighter replacement for the SK pistols.
    I have noticed the exact same thing, my first H&K was P30SK... absolutely terrible... I would call it borderline useless. My new P30L has been awesome since day one, will likely never own P30SK that is not LEM in the future... as it is probably to do with size/geometry of hammer spring as you mention.

Site Supporter
    Does anyone know when the Fuhrer of Oberndorf is releasing the P30sk 13 round extended magazines? Enquiring minds want to know.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    No problem dry firing without caps. Go nuts. The only thing you are going to break on a modern semi-auto by dry firing is your trigger rebound/return spring, and on an HK that will take you some time.
    Well, I don't know about H&Ks, but Glock is a pretty modern gun and I don't think they like even moderate dry-firing. My dedicated G27 cracked it's firing pin bushing early in the second year of dry-fire at about 18,000 or 19,000 snaps. Factory replaced the slide, but I think it cost me almost $100. I separated the slide from the frame and only sent the slide back, so the egregious "gun" shipping surcharge was avoided.

While the baby Glock was at the pediatrician's I permanently replaced it in dry-fire practice with an old G-23. Have no idea how many rounds through this gun, but it's an early 3-pin model. Back in the early-to-mid 1990s the locking block broke in live fire at about 10,000 rounds. Factory repaired (which included replacing the frame), no charge. Recently, at about the same dry-fire count (maybe 20K), the firing pin assembly on the ancient G-23 self-destructed. Glockmeister had the parts in stock, and the gun was back in service by early the following week.

Like I said, I don't know about H&Ks but Glocks can't take much abuse.

Firing pin bushing?
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Firing pin bushing?
    I'm guessing he's talking about the breech face.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    I'm guessing he's talking about the breech face.
    Yep. Jody's got the right of it.

There's a bushing that looks like it's press-fitted into the breech face. That's what cracks.

Slide and breech face are one piece.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I handled a new P30SK DA/SA today. It had one of the single worst DA triggers of any pistol I have felt. Felt like it was 14 pounds.
    So I may have an idea why this is the case, the P30SK and P2000SK use a heavier hammer spring than the P30 and P2000 do. It is actually the same hammer spring that the LEM uses so if you switch over to LEM you can use the same one. Thinking if I keep my P30SK I will convert it to LEM for this reason.

What is interesting is my two P30L DA/SA models have great triggers for an HK. In the full size, you can switch out hammer springs, but I don’t believe there is a lighter replacement for the SK pistols.

I have a feeling the short slide necessitates the heavier hammer spring, as a lot of the resistance in the slide travel comes from cocking the hammer spring on these pistols.
    Last edited by Thy.Will.Be.Done; 03-09-2023 at 10:22 AM.

User Tag List