Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thread: HK P30SK

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

What base plate is that on the mag with the boolitz?

BTW. As an HK fan, I need to let you know you've loaded the rounds in the magazine backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by lordhamster View Post
    What base plate is that on the mag with the boolitz?
    It's the +0 hkparts aluminum floorplate.

I'm not a fan. It does nothing for me to help with grip, is very slippery, and adds nothing to capacity. It was a waste of $20, as far as I'm concerned. It's sitting in my extras baggie at the moment.

I handled a new P30SK DA/SA today. It had one of the single worst DA triggers of any pistol I have felt. Felt like it was 14 pounds.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I handled a new P30SK DA/SA today. It had one of the single worst DA triggers of any pistol I have felt. Felt like it was 14 pounds.
    That was my impression of the one a friend bought. Single action was okay, accuracy was fine, the grip is something viscerally and deeply satisfying, but the DA trigger was worse than anything not made by a communist factory in 1950 I've ever experienced.

Hammertime
    My P30l is similar. Very smooth but really heavy 12-14lbs easily. Bugged me in dry fire but has not hurt me in slow fire at all.

Have yet to try it at speed. I think I am just going to shoot it a bit and see what happens.

That's exactly my experience with the one I owned, so I sold it. I have a pair of SK's in LEM, and those are what I will spend time on. In additional to a terrible DA pull, the SA trigger breaks much further to the rear than DA which caused me problems with trigger finger placement with my long fingers.

What is interesting is my two P30L DA/SA models have great triggers for an HK. In the full size, you can switch out hammer springs, but I don’t believe there is a lighter replacement for the SK pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

What is interesting is my two P30L DA/SA models have great triggers for an HK. In the full size, you can switch out hammer springs, but I don’t believe there is a lighter replacement for the SK pistols.
    No there isnt. Sounds like an opportunity for a niche gun parts maker.

My P2000 DA/SA is pretty nice as well. I was surprised how bad I shot the P30SK V3.

Agreed. Mine went straight to my smith for work. After it was a mile apart.

User Tag List