Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: HK P30SK

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    The 13 round magazine is the same as the USP compact magazine with a spacer. X-Grips makes a spacer. I do not know who is making the spacer for the HK factory, but it is similar.
    Yeah, I have both X grip spacers, not a fan. They fit more or less but slide around on the mag body, the stippling does not match up and there are awkward gaps here and there. The mags seat but not exactly 100%.

So a 'made for the P30SK/VP9SK' 13 rounder direct from HK, ideally with the sleeve fixed in place would be pretty useful to me.

Costly thread. I successfully avoided reading it for eight months until I followed a search for something else into the middle of it. It caused me to coonfinger a P30 v1 at my local gun store after discovering a lack of Blue Label G43 pistols. I was impressed with the "Light LEM", both in trigger quality and trigger reach (slightly shorter than the G19 reach). So, now I'm driving all over town looking for an SK model to handle.

So, does the SK print less than a G19 at 3-4 o'clock?

Also, after reading all the spacer discussions, I'm left with a basic magazine question: is a 13-round, no-spacer magazine possible and just temporarily out of stock, or is 10 the physical limit? It won't make a difference in purchase plans but it would be nice as something to look forward to.
    Last edited by Jaywalker; 08-29-2017 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post

Also, after reading all the spacer discussions, I'm left with a basic magazine question: is a 13-round, no-spacer magazine possible and just temporarily out of stock, or is 10 the physical limit? It won't make a difference in purchase plans but it would be nice as something to look forward to.
    Printing would seem subjective, and probably up to the user and holster selected. I dunno.

If you want a 13 round mag 'now', you can buy a USPc flat floorplate mag and an X Grip Sleeve. It works, I just found it a bit aesthetically awkward, and there are gaps here and there (the X Grip is designed for a P2000, I understand).

Here's what it looks like: (second from left)

HK has announced a 13 and 15 round magazine will be available from them in 'November'. I've seen a Facebook video of them and the image from the manual, but no further details.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Printing would seem subjective, and probably up to the user and holster selected. I dunno.

If you want a 13 round mag 'now', you can buy a USPc flat floorplate mag and an X Grip Sleeve. It works, I just found it a bit aesthetically awkward, and there are gaps here and there (the X Grip is designed for a P2000, I understand).

Here's what it looks like: (second from left)

HK has announced a 13 and 15 round magazine will be available from them in 'November'. I've seen a Facebook video of them and the image from the manual, but no further details.
    So it looks as if the 10-round is a physical limit, without some kind of spacer, HK or other aftermarket - thanks.

So it looks as if the 10-round is a physical limit, without some kind of spacer, HK or other aftermarket - thanks.
    Um, well of course a VP9/P30 15 round mag fits and locks just fine without a spacer or sleeve. Same for the 13 round USPc mag.

I did try my USPc/sleeved 13 round in my Givens class. I had issues on the reloads. That was partly due to the short length, but probably mostly my lack of skill.
    Last edited by RJ; 08-29-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Costly thread. I successfully avoided reading it for eight months until I followed a search for something else into the middle of it. It caused me to coonfinger a P30 v1 at my local gun store after discovering a lack of Blue Label G43 pistols. I was impressed with the "Light LEM", both in trigger quality and trigger reach (slightly shorter than the G19 reach). So, now I'm driving all over town looking for an SK model to handle.

As to printing, probably closer to a G26 than a G19. Much prefer the ergonomics of the P30sk to my G33.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

I ordered an HK P30SK v-1 (Light LEM) today. Two in two days - a Glock G43 yesterday... Now all I have to do is sell the G19 Gen4 I don't use.
    Last edited by Jaywalker; 08-30-2017 at 08:29 PM.

Site Supporter

The P30/P30sk and Glock 19 print in different spots for me. The edge of the longer grip on the P30 is the spot that prints on a P30, while the rear of the slide prints on a Glock 19. For AIWB the P30sk and G19 are similar, with a slight edge going to the P30sk because of its grip and rounded edges.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    The P30/P30sk and Glock 19 print in different spots for me. The edge of the longer grip on the P30 is the spot that prints on a P30, while the rear of the slide prints on a Glock 19. For AIWB the P30sk and G19 are similar, with a slight edge going to the P30sk because of its grip and rounded edges.
    Yep. The rounded slide makes a big difference for me. Glock needs to melt that slide and I would buy a couple more...

I solved the P30 grip printing with the JRC CDA2.

I found the P2000 to be the optimal compromise for me. If I had to be tucking a lot or was in a less permissive state I would probably own an SK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    For some of us, the problem with the P2000SK is that the "finger groove" hump is in EXACTLY the wrong place and precludes a proper grip. That's why I don't own one, and have been interested in the P30SK

Regarding size, I have absolutely no trouble concealing the full-size P2000, as I'm retired and can "dress around" it with ease. DB confirmed what I suspected... the P2000SK (and most likely the P30SK) are to their larger brethren as the G26 is to the G19; definitely smaller and a bit easier to hide, but offers no significant weight reduction- which is what I'm looking for.

The longer butt of the P30 tends to print a bit under my chosen outer garment; a holster change MIGHT alleviate this, but since my EDC is the HK45C and it doesn't print, and the whole family of those pistols (P2000, P30, HK45C) fit perfectly in my chosen holster, I have no plans to change that puppy.

Consequently, my ardor for a P30SK has cooled somewhat. But my point here is that there is indeed a "need" for the P30SK, albeit for a limited group of folks.

Seller information

civilianarmory (38 )

97.4% Positive feedback

Follow this seller

check this guy up in eBay it's for the VP-9 but it works for the P-2000SK and the P-2000 or USPc if you need a 1/4" more on the grip, on the SK it gives you like 3/8 more room for the pinky it turns the P-2000SK into a different gun.
    Last edited by ca survivor; 09-07-2017 at 05:40 PM.

User Tag List