Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30SK

Quote Originally Posted by PD Sgt. View Post
    Overall I really like this pistol. I am going to experiment with a couple of the plus baseplates from HKParts to see how they run, but I will probably start using this as my main off duty pistol after I get done vetting it with my preferred carry ammo (124g GDs).
    With the plus 1 and plus 2 finger rests, they shoot great, but you will have slide failure to lock back issues with factory springs. I am currently experimenting with various springs, but right now I am running a plus two with a Usp compact 13rd mag spring. It is working fine.
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 03-13-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    With the plus 1 and plus 2 finger rests, they shoot great, but you will have slide failure to lock back issues with factory springs. I am currently experimenting with various springs, but right now I am running a plus two with a Usp compact 13rd mag spring. It is working fine.
    Thanks for the heads up, I will try that out when the baseplates get in.
    Polite Professional

It's just something to be aware of. More cavity to fill, so a longer spring might be needed. I really like mine, and have been carrying it more and more lately.

Quote Originally Posted by DallasBronco View Post
    My LE version came with 2 pinky extension mag bases and one flat baseplate, and I think I prefer the flat one. I've also never really had a problem with wrapping my pinky under the floor plate a la Glock 26 though. You might wanna just try one first before changing all of them.
    You know I am thinking you are right -- I like the regular 10 round flat floorplate mags as well. My size M hand wraps just on the grip with my pinky resting on the floorplate of the 10 rounder. I think this is why I seem to shoot it as well as the 15 round or 13 round X Grip mags.

I have been carrying 10+1 this way the last two weeks, and appreciate the flat bottom mag in reducing the risk of printing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Has anyone changed out the hammer spring for a reduced power, to lighten the DA pull?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chingy98 View Post
    Has anyone changed out the hammer spring for a reduced power, to lighten the DA pull?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Check Wolff Gunsprings. A 10# may give light strikes. I believe the factory spring is 14#.
    Last edited by MSparks909; 03-13-2017 at 09:24 PM.
    Shoot more, post less...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    You know I am thinking you are right -- I like the regular 10 round flat floorplate mags as well. My size M hand wraps just on the grip with my pinky resting on the floorplate of the 10 rounder. I think this is why I seem to shoot it as well as the 15 round or 13 round X Grip mags.

I have been carrying 10+1 this way the last two weeks, and appreciate the flat bottom mag in reducing the risk of printing.

I haven't really noticed any difference in controllability between the 2 and I suspect, as you said, that the flat basepad may actually conceal better. I haven't carried mine yet.

I was doing some browsing on grab a gun tonight and ran into this:

There's no sku listed, and it shows out of stock.

Anyone think this is the rumored 13 round HK P30SK/VP9SK OEM magazine mentioned in the VP9SK release info?

I could really do with a couple of these.

The 13 round magazine is the same as the USP compact magazine with a spacer. X-Grips makes a spacer. I do not know who is making the spacer for the HK factory, but it is similar.

Anyone think this is the rumored 13 round HK P30SK/VP9SK OEM magazine mentioned in the VP9SK release info?

I could really do with a couple of these.
    Looks like the factory extended VP9sk magazine. They will supposedly be released in November.
    Last edited by Kram; 08-20-2017 at 08:48 AM.

User Tag List