Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30SK

HK P30SK

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Imagine a P30c, that used USPc/P2000 mags, at the price of a P30sk.
    I would trade my VP9 for a P30 Compact like, instantly.
    Last edited by RJ; 02-25-2017 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Werds r hard

A P30, using the original slide, chopped to fit USPc/P2000 mags would be a darn near perfect all-around gun for me.
    David S.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  59.8 KBName:  image.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  46.0 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    A P30, using the original slide, chopped to fit USPc/P2000 mags would be a darn near perfect all-around gun for me.
    I think it could be done, but would lose backstrap interchangeability and maybe the ability to access the hammer strut and hammer spring, depending on how the panels are affixed. If one looks at a dissasembled P30 and a P2000, the PLASTIC tab through which the pin holding the hammer strut is inserted is long. The hammer spring and strut, in other words appear the same length as p2000. Someone who knew what the hell they were doing in terms of shaping the cut and finding a way to affix the panels could do a grip chop. One could even make a new hole for the roll pin that holds the panels perhaps. Would be an expensive experiment if it failed, though.

The pics show a p2000sk rather than p2000, but you can get the idea.
    Last edited by Cincinnatus; 02-25-2017 at 01:55 PM.

I looked long and hard at doing this. I had the guns on the bench with the cutting wheels and everything but I chickened out. I was really trying to get it to work by using a p2000 back strap on the p30 but the holes don't quite line up. I'm glad I didn't because I have come to prefer the p2000 anyway. While the p30 feels better I get better control with the flat sides of the P2000 and I don't hit the slide release like I do on the p30. Just wish the P2000 had the same sights.

Site Supporter
    I had posted the problems I was having with A-Zoom snap caps jamming up in my new P30SK. Yesterday I bought the same brand caps/training rounds I had always used before - ST Action, came home and spent the next 2 hours in dryfiring Heaven! I didn't think it was possible to be MORE impressed with this H&K than I already was, but I am.

Site Supporter
    I just picked up a P30SK V3 (my agency requires DA/SA) while they were on a pretty decent sale locally. I have not had a chance to do anything but dryfire, but a few quick observations.

The trigger is heavy but probably the smoothest/least gritty of any HK I can recall. Smooth enough that I may skip putting in the match sear spring (my usual remedy).

Mine was not an LE model, but did include one pinky extension mag. I like the feel, but it does make what is already a large compact seem mid size to me.

I am going to try out the Wilson rear sight with a spare HD front I have lying around. Wilson recommends a .225 height front sight, the HD is .215 as I recall, so I will see if the difference works out in a way that is acceptable to me. If not, Dawson is my backup.

My usual with my P2Ks is to put in the light firing pin block spring, the match sear spring, and the HK 10 pound hammer spring. I have had good results with this combination and have not had any problems with light strikes on any ammo I have tried, including steel cased. I would like to try the same with the P30SK (maybe sans the sear spring) but I cannot find a reduced power hammer spring anywhere. Has anyone found/tried one that has proven reliable? I am not sure I want to cut coils on a larger spring to make it fit, as this will be a carry pistol. The pull is not too bad as it is, but I would prefer a bit lighter.

Overall, this is one solid feeling pistol, way better than the G26 it replaces (that I could never quite warm to). I have always felt HKs to be the most solid feeling of the poly frame guns.
    Polite Professional

PD Sgt

Let us know how the sights work, I was interested in trying that combo.

Anyone have the version with the safety? If so what's your opinion?
    Last edited by Redhat; 03-01-2017 at 06:55 PM.

This week I went back to the standard flat-floor plate 10+1 magazine for EDC.

The feel is more snug than with 13+1 USPc obviously, and three cartridges lighter. I practiced some reloads with the USPc mag and found it pretty awkward, so I'm going to keep using the 10 round mag for a while.

Hopefully get to the range next week.

Also, stocks of SD ammo are below 1 box.

Do any of y'all run Speer GD 124+p? I'm thinking even with the +p pop, it should work well, per Doc's list. I'm hopeful that it will be easier to find these days, given ammo market being where it is post election.

Y'all are making me want a p30sk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bill

User Tag List