Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30SK

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Rich, you're correct about the LE magazine - had it in my new pistol yesterday, but had to give it back, dammit. Forgot to mention, my P30SK is a V3/DA-SA/decocking "button" and all. Please wish me luck as it's been many years since I've carried and shot, a 1911-ish gun. All kinds of possibilities!

I'm promising this is THE last time I'll reply to my own post. Because I am still in the midst of pretty intense home improvements, I didn't get a good deal of time with the V3 that I bought recently. When I did, I realized that I'd be better off with the V1-LEM. Contacted the FFL, who, because I hadn't done any live fire, agreed to trade me the V1-LEM straight up for the V3. He had to order it - it's in and I pick it up tomorrow. Needless to say, this FFL will get more of my business!
    Last edited by 11B10; 02-22-2017 at 09:10 PM.

Site Supporter
    OK, I fibbed, but I had to - would you believe when I went to TRADE the V3 for the V1-LEM this morning, I opened the case and it came with one extended magazine? Rich, LSP, everyone who has had some of this P30 SK V1-LEM Kool Aid, can there BE a better trigger than this? If I EVER get ahead of this home crapola, I may actually LIVE-fire this honey.

Thanks to all who have helped me with this transition. It has been one good thing after another.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    OK, I fibbed, but I had to - would you believe when I went to TRADE the V3 for the V1-LEM this morning, I opened the case and it came with one extended magazine? Rich, LSP, everyone who has had some of this P30 SK V1-LEM Kool Aid, can there BE a better trigger than this? If I EVER get ahead of this home crapola, I may actually LIVE-fire this honey.

Thanks to all who have helped me with this transition. It has been one good thing after another.
    Here is some quick motivation to make you hit the range soon: I shoot my P30sk better than my VP9. More on that later!

Now get out there and shoot! Glad to hear you are happy!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    Here is some quick motivation to make you hit the range soon: I shoot my P30sk better than my VP9. More on that later!

Now get out there and shoot! Glad to hear you are happy!

Gusinessman, how I would love to do just that! When I'm dry firing, that front sight doesn't even twitch. Speaking of sights, I'm sure you guys have experienced the luminescence and how long it lasts. On both P30SK's, all I did was zap them for a minute with my Streamlight polytac (275 lumens) and they glow for hours! Amazing engineering! I'm afraid the live firing will have to wait for awhile, though.
    Last edited by 11B10; 02-23-2017 at 07:20 PM.

Site Supporter
    Here are some quick notes from yesterday's live fire session.

The two FAST scores were:

1. VP9-8.00 -2
    2. P30sk-8.36 clean

The VP9 was the first FAST of the day, while the P30sk was the last. My reload was slower on the P30sk, hence the higher time.

While running 4 aces, 2 reload 1, 2 reload 3, the P30sk had the best time and shootability while running these drills on 3x5 cards. I am amazed at just how well this gun shoots!

On the other hand, the VP9 has been underwhelming in terms of performance in my hands. The only drill where the VP9 really kicks ass for me, is the Bill Drill. For everything else give me a LEM HK. I will continue comparing the two in the near future.

If HK came out with a VP9sk tomorrow, I would pass since I like a hammer (or Gadget) for carry purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post

If HK came out with a VP9sk tomorrow, I would pass since I like a hammer (or Gadget) for carry purposes.
    I get this in a way that a year ago I did not.

Thumbing a SCD/Gadget or hammer whilst holstering has assumed a much higher level of importance to me after I started EDC.

Now, a P30c; that would be something interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Now, a P30c; that would be something interesting.
    It is called a P2000
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

HK P30SK

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    It is called a P2000
    Meh...I shot a rental P2000 TDA and wasn't that impressed: tiny mag release and square grip profile. Not for me. Definitely 5.0" high, though.

But a P30c with the curvy, configurable grip panels...in LEM...equipped with 13 round USPc magazines...mmmmmmm.
    Last edited by RJ; 02-24-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Meh...I shot a rental P2000 TDA and wasn't that impressed: tiny mag release and square grip profile. Not for me. Definitely 5.0" high, though.

But a P30c with the curvy, configurable grip panels...in LEM...equipped with 13 round USPc magazines...mmmmmmm.
    The mag release is an easy fix although mine are still stock and usable. The grip is square in the front but rounded in the back with a interchangeable backstrap, but I barely notice a difference between it and a P30. The P2K LEM trigger is noticeably smoother than a stock V2 LEM P30.

The P2000 takes the same magazines as the USPc.

One reason that I do think it would be a good idea to come out with a P30c is that if the new model would use the P30 pattern sights, there would be more replacement options that are already on the market.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    The mag release is an easy fix although mine are still stock and usable. The grip is square in the front but rounded in the back with a interchangeable backstrap, but I barely notice a difference between it and a P30. The P2K LEM trigger is noticeably smoother than a stock V2 LEM P30.

The P2000 takes the same magazines as the USPc.

One reason that I do think it would be a good idea to come out with a P30c is that if the new model would use the P30 pattern sights, there would be more replacement options that are already on the market.
    Imagine a P30c, that used USPc/P2000 mags, at the price of a P30sk.

User Tag List