Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30SK

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Just an FYI and Tip of the Hat to Melody Lauer:

http://melodylauer.com/2015/03/the-aiwb-holster-hack/

Bought these Dr. Scholls Womens gel inserts at WalMart, about $5.

I attached one of the pads at the bottom of my P30SK holster with some Velcro. It tucks the holster in slightly, and cushions it right where the base of the holster rests against the point of my hip. Plus being rubber it seems like it 'locks' the holster to the fabric of my cargo shorts.

(I seem to have gravitated to 'just forward of 9 o'clock as most comfortable for me. Combined with some recent weight loss, I have a sort of hollow in this area.)

Rich - I've been using the same holster/ammo pouch for my H&K that I used for my SIG P320 - not supposed to work, but it does. It's not a perfect fit, but I believe I'm a tinkerer, like you and I'd been seeking a way to even out the pressure of my rig in that very area. I'd been looking at buying some closed cell foam, but I like your suggestion waaay better for all the right reasons. Not only are they much cheaper, but I believe the Scholls inserts will hold up better as well. Thanks so much for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Rich - I've been using the same holster/ammo pouch for my H&K that I used for my SIG P320 - not supposed to work, but it does. It's not a perfect fit, but I believe I'm a tinkerer, like you and I'd been seeking a way to even out the pressure of my rig in that very area. I'd been looking at buying some closed cell foam, but I like your suggestion waaay better for all the right reasons. Not only are they much cheaper, but I believe the Scholls inserts will hold up better as well. Thanks so much for the tip!
    Yup, he gave you the right stuff to try. Outstanding, keep working on it for YOUR efforts. This is some quite good stuff for you to try without having to break your self. I do suggest that you have a good quality magazine pouch along with a good quality holster. Both of those are important; everything else can fall into place for your daily clothes/etc.

I'll help as much as I can. I should be okay after today... Until the next week-long chemo.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Yup, he gave you the right stuff to try. Outstanding, keep working on it for YOUR efforts. This is some quite good stuff for you to try without having to break your self. I do suggest that you have a good quality magazine pouch along with a good quality holster. Both of those are important; everything else can fall into place for your daily clothes/etc.

I'll help as much as I can. I should be okay after today... Until the next week-long chemo.

LSP, Rich - I bought the Scholl's inserts and they are darn near perfect - like they're made for this! I just gotta ask you, Rich, how did you figure out these would work? IOW, do you normally shop in the women's section? LOL!

LSP, I'll be thinking and praying for you during this next ordeal. Hang in there, buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    I just gotta ask you, Rich, how did you figure out these would work?
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....arry-Life-Hack

Just an FYI and Tip of the Hat to Melody Lauer:

http://melodylauer.com/2015/03/the-aiwb-holster-hack/

Bought these Dr. Scholls Womens gel inserts at WalMart, about $5.

I attached one of the pads at the bottom of my P30SK holster with some Velcro. It tucks the holster in slightly, and cushions it right where the base of the holster rests against the point of my hip. Plus being rubber it seems like it 'locks' the holster to the fabric of my cargo shorts.

(I seem to have gravitated to 'just forward of 9 o'clock as most comfortable for me. Combined with some recent weight loss, I have a sort of hollow in this area.)
    Brilliant, just brilliant! Thank you, Rich, for passing along Melody's tip. I went to Walmart and picked up a pair. Now my IWB kydex holster stays put with much less pressure from my belt. I'll also try it on my OWB holsters that also have a tendency to slip down. It may end my 30 year quest to comfortably stabilize a holster.

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus long View Post
    Brilliant, just brilliant! Thank you, Rich, for passing along Melody's tip. I went to Walmart and picked up a pair. Now my IWB kydex holster stays put with much less pressure from my belt. I'll also try it on my OWB holsters that also have a tendency to slip down. It may end my 30 year quest to comfortably stabilize a holster.
    Ms. Lauer is a sharp cookie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Ms. Lauer is a sharp cookie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had my first extended period of time - sitting down with the Scholl's insert in place, H&K/P30SK/AIWB today - it's truly an answer to something that I have been putting up with for quite some time with all my guns. You know, no pain, no gain? Now? What a difference. Thanks again, Rich, for passing that along.

Hammertime

HK P30SK

Someone can find a smoking deal on a P30Sk if they check Kirk's post in the buy sell section now.

Moving sale - Various guns

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...6&share_type=t
    Last edited by Doc_Glock; 02-08-2017 at 11:24 PM.

Quick little post.
    Took my new P30sk LEM to the range Tuesday to function check/vet session. No surprise I had no issues and it was fun to shoot. Shot it side by side with a S&W J frame 442 for comparison. Recoil, handling and accuracy impressive to say the least.
    200 Blaser Brass, 50 HST, 50 Gold dot +P and 50 Fed Aluminum cased tested. I was pressed for time so no pictures or timed drills.

If you are running mag extensions of +1 or +2 with factory springs, be wary. Mine have been reliable, but continually fail to lock the slide back. I am going to order some springs for the compact (13rd) magazine, and install them to see if they will lock the slide back. Other than that my SK runs like a raped ape.

User Tag List