Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30SK

Site Supporter
    Rich, LSP, anyone - have any of you experienced issues with A-zoom snap caps? I bought a pack of 5 when I bought my P30SK last week. I had some problems that night as I posted then. I resisted trying them until today cause I couldn't stand it! Well, the first two mags were fine, then the pistol just "locked up" again. I worked at least 10 minutes of patient manipulation of the slide, which was about 1/4" out of battery. The slide moves about 1/32" - just enough to keep me trying. Just as the first time, it finally moved the cap enough that I could get it out - gun back to normal. This makes me ask if there's any problem with dry firing without snap caps - can you? I said in my earlier post, this occurred with my P320 until I called Sig, who told me to go shoot it. I did and that gun never me alfunctioned again. Anybody have an idea what's going on?
    Last edited by 11B10; 01-29-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Riding the slide.
    Not pulling back completely.
    Lack of lubricant.
    Snap caps are not brass and have higher friction.
    Just off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Rich, LSP, anyone - have any of you experienced issues with A-zoom snap caps? I bought a pack of 5 when I bought my P30SK last week. I had some problems that night as I posted then. I resisted trying them until today cause I couldn't stand it! Well, the first two mags were fine, then the pistol just "locked up" again. I worked at least 10 minutes of patient manipulation of the slide, which was about 1/4" out of battery. The slide moves about 1/32" - just enough to keep me trying. Just as the first time, it finally moved the cap enough that I could get it out - gun back to normal. This makes me ask if there's any problem with dry firing without snap caps - can you? I said in my earlier post, this occurred with my P320 until I called Sig, who told me to go shoot it. I did and that gun never me alfunctioned again. Anybody have an idea what's going on?
    11B - Huh. Idk. I've used this same pack of five by Tipton since 2014. Had them in a buncha guns and never had any issues like you are describing.

Snap Cap Pistol 9 mm Luger 5 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0048KFEQI..._3bRJybA1F9AYT

Maybe toss the A Zooms and try something else?
    Last edited by RJ; 01-29-2017 at 10:21 PM.

I bought some A-zooms some years ago. They're all aluminum, at least they were back then, and thus somewhat prone to getting scuffed up when they encounter steel: repeatedly loading them in mags, feeding into and ejecting from chambers, etc. So I'd check for any raised spots caused by gouges, etc. The softer Al is more "grabby".

Look at S.T. Action Pro snap caps. I got some at the local LE supply house. They have nickel-plated brass cases with bright orange (or yellow) ABS "bullets". More expensive, but might feed better.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    No problem dry firing without caps. Go nuts. The only thing you are going to break on a modern semi-auto by dry firing is your trigger rebound/return spring, and on an HK that will take you some time.

Quote Originally Posted by flyrodr View Post
    I bought some A-zooms some years ago. They're all aluminum, at least they were back then, and thus somewhat prone to getting scuffed up when they encounter steel: repeatedly loading them in mags, feeding into and ejecting from chambers, etc. So I'd check for any raised spots caused by gouges, etc. The softer Al is more "grabby".

Look at S.T. Action Pro snap caps. I got some at the local LE supply house. They have nickel-plated brass cases with bright orange (or yellow) ABS "bullets". More expensive, but might feed better.
    ^^^^^^ THESE. Some sellers just market them as dummy training rounds without the branding. I buy some extras anytime I order targets from LETargets. The casings are much better as far as feeding and extraction.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    If you will send me your solid address via a private message here, I'll send you a few boxes of "good" hardball to practice with. Nowadays, ammo is the one thing I have all I will ever be able to use...

Well, hell. Two... TWO lousy 50 round boxes... of good practice 9mm... That I was giving you. And this morning, my wife takes that box to send to you.

And they (the government postal service, of course) want FORTY SEVEN DOLLARS to send it to you. Serious??? Yes, she confirmed, that is exactly what they want. Because, they say, that is the requirement. Right.

Sorry, bud, but this is ridiculous. I tried, never imagining THAT silly shit.

Sorry again, but no steenkin' way I am doing that.

Well, hell. Two... TWO lousy 50 round boxes... of good practice 9mm... That I was giving you. And this morning, my wife takes that box to send to you.

And they (the government postal service, of course) want FORTY SEVEN DOLLARS to send it to you. Serious??? Yes, she confirmed, that is exactly what they want. Because, they say, that is the requirement. Right.

I didn't think a private party could ship ammunition via USPS?
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

HK P30SK

Just an FYI and Tip of the Hat to Melody Lauer:

http://melodylauer.com/2015/03/the-aiwb-holster-hack/

Bought these Dr. Scholls Womens gel inserts at WalMart, about $5.

I attached one of the pads at the bottom of my P30SK holster with some Velcro. It tucks the holster in slightly, and cushions it right where the base of the holster rests against the point of my hip. Plus being rubber it seems like it 'locks' the holster to the fabric of my cargo shorts.

(I seem to have gravitated to 'just forward of 9 o'clock as most comfortable for me. Combined with some recent weight loss, I have a sort of hollow in this area.)
    Last edited by RJ; 01-31-2017 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SecondsCount View Post
    I didn't think a private party could ship ammunition via USPS?
    Well of course not. The bonehead was concerned only with getting the money needed to pay those hi-speed...

Never mind. You cannot even be a nice guy anymore.

Whatever.

Site Supporter

No freakin wonder PSP is messed up. That's crazy. Don't even think of....aw crap, you already did apologize. TWICE!

Ya know, I wondered about this endeavor, LSP - I didn't know you could ship ammo either, but then, what the heck do I know?

I'm just floored you even thought about it - you're somethin, dude! You set a high bar, my friend.

To all who responded to my problem with the A-zooms, thanks - as always, this forum is THE best. I know I'm going to get good stuff every time. Now, when I read ST Action Pro's, I chuckled because those were the ones that jammed up my SIG P320C that I referred to in my first post! Two things here: As soon as I get this house project halfway straightened up (ie: get my bride back on cruise control), I've just got to find a way to get to the range. That was all it took to get my SIG on track. Second thing: now that Onions and Dragons has told me I can dry fire without them, I'm gonna get after it. I gotta tell you guys something you already know: This doggone P30SK is one FINE firearm! I get off on the "clicks" each time you do anything - load a magazine or rack the slide or that straight-from-Heaven trigger! I am in love with a gun. Go ahead, all of you.

User Tag List