Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30SK

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Reference the magazine options, this is one of the things I am really digging about this little gun.

From left to right, I have:

15 round P30/VP9 with X Grip

13 round USPc with X Grip

10 round standard with +0 HK Parts extended floorplate

10 round standard

My favorite is the USPc; 13+1 seems adequate for carry to me and the Grip is solid. Next is the standard ten rounder; surprisingly, I can get a very satisfactory grip with it.

I'm not sure I would buy another +0 extended floorplate; the surface is solid aluminum and very slick.

The 15 I would use for a reload; it carries ok, but extends the grip quite a bit relative to the pistol size.

I'm aware of a couple more options; the aforementioned Gucci Heckler and Koch 10 round magazine with textured pinky rest shipping with the LE model; and the +1 (11) and +2 (12) magazine extensions from HK parts.net.

Very versatile handgun.
    Damn, Rich... Looks like you have it figured out already. Outstanding... Yes, the 15 round P30 mag is what I want to carry EDC on the spare side. What spacer is that? I think I ordered two of those?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Damn, Rich... Looks like you have it figured out already. Outstanding... Yes, the 15 round P30 mag is what I want to carry EDC on the spare side. What spacer is that? I think I ordered two of those?

Between Rich and DB, we've got plenty of info, LSP!

HK P30SK

LSP, yeah, that's as per Arbinftry's post above; they are listed for the P2000SK but fit.

I'll go check the hkparts.net X Grip web pages and will post back if there's anything different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RJ; 01-24-2017 at 07:43 AM.

Site Supporter
    LSP, yeah, that's as per Arbinftry's post above; they are listed for the P2000SK but fit.

I'll go check the hkparts.net X Grip web pages and will post back if there's anything different.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm all eyes, Rich.

Site Supporter
    Rich,

I just ordered two of the +0 baseplates for the 10 round mags. They look slippery as hell. Some skateboard tape may be the fix? I have some 13 round USPC and 15 round P30 mags for the reload. I am OK with just the bare mag hanging out of the mag well. Do the x-grip things make a difference in feel or do they change the way the gun points? Do they stay put or do they migrate and create a risk of the mag not seating properly?

HK P30SK

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Rich,

I just ordered two of the +0 baseplates for the 10 round mags. They look slippery as hell. Some skateboard tape may be the fix? I have some 13 round USPC and 15 round P30 mags for the reload. I am OK with just the bare mag hanging out of the mag well. Do the x-grip things make a difference in feel or do they change the way the gun points? Do they stay put or do they migrate and create a risk of the mag not seating properly?
    Yes they are slippery. If you look at my photo, the shine is from the coated (painted?) aluminum.

I have not seen them, but my guess is the HK +0 baseplate extensions (shipping with LE) are both polymer and better textured (from a grip point of view.). These magazines from HK are in the region of $50, I believe. Nice, but given the standard 10 round shoots ok for me, I haven't ordered any (yet).

I have noted no changes in pointing with regard to inserting different magazines/baseplates, but remember 1) I am a noob and 2) I only have 306 rounds live fire so far. This includes the shiny +0 floor plate.

Reference the X Grips 'staying in place': no issues for me. Both sizes are slightly compressed when seated. I have not personally had to trim either of mine. Sample of one and all that.

As a wish list item, if X Grip made 'P30SK' versions with the sleeve textured to match the elbow macaroni texture pattern, that would be cool. But in practice I don't seem to notice it shooting, and I grip pretty hard.

As say, my favorite way to carry/shoot is with the USPc 13 round magazine and the short X Grip sleeve. It would be neat if HK shipped the standard pistol with a 10 round standard and a Grip sleeved 13 USPc magazine. Almost as good as a G19.
    Last edited by RJ; 01-24-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Well, between Brownell's and HKParts.net, I've ordered a couple hundred bucks of those spacers/etc., so we'll see what works/what doesn't.

Have been carrying a USPc 9mm for over a year, using a 15 round P30 magazine with a standard spacer as a spare. It fits perfectly, I fixed-up two others for practice/training and have been using them a lot. Cannot transfer any photos yet - gotta get some different wiring- but I'll show some things when I can.

My point here is, I will keep a USPc rig, but am going to be EDC "packing" a P30SK for the foreseeable future. And will be setting up 13 and 15 round HK magazines for practice/training. Hopefully "they" will take back the stuff I don't need... :-)

Site Supporter
    Yes they are slippery. If you look at my photo, the shine is from the coated (painted?) aluminum.

I have not seen them, but my guess is the HK +0 baseplate extensions (shipping with LE) are both polymer and better textured (from a grip point of view.). These magazines from HK are in the region of $50, I believe. Nice, but given the standard 10 round shoots ok for me, I haven't ordered any (yet).

I have noted no changes in pointing with regard to inserting different magazines/baseplates, but remember 1) I am a noob and 2) I only have 306 rounds live fire so far. This includes the shiny +0 floor plate.

Reference the X Grips 'staying in place': no issues for me. Both sizes are slightly compressed when seated. I have not personally had to trim either of mine. Sample of one and all that.

As a wish list item, if X Grip made 'P30SK' versions with the sleeve textured to match the elbow macaroni texture pattern, that would be cool. But in practice I don't seem to notice it shooting, and I grip pretty hard.

As say, my favorite way to carry/shoot is with the USPc 13 round magazine and the short X Grip sleeve. It would be neat if HK shipped the standard pistol with a 10 round standard and a Grip sleeved 13 USPc magazine. Almost as good as a G19.

Rich, you're correct about the LE magazine - had it in my new pistol yesterday, but had to give it back, dammit. Forgot to mention, my P30SK is a V3/DA-SA/decocking "button" and all. Please wish me luck as it's been many years since I've carried and shot, a 1911-ish gun. All kinds of possibilities!

Site Supporter
    Well, between Brownell's and HKParts.net, I've ordered a couple hundred bucks of those spacers/etc., so we'll see what works/what doesn't.

Have been carrying a USPc 9mm for over a year, using a 15 round P30 magazine with a standard spacer as a spare. It fits perfectly, I fixed-up two others for practice/training and have been using them a lot. Cannot transfer any photos yet - gotta get some different wiring- but I'll show some things when I can.

My point here is, I will keep a USPc rig, but am going to be EDC "packing" a P30SK for the foreseeable future. And will be setting up 13 and 15 round HK magazines for practice/training. Hopefully "they" will take back the stuff I don't need... :-)

LSP, you sneaky devil, you. Here you're giving me all this Glock 43 stuff and it turns out you and I find the same "Grail gun" - at the same time! I didn't have the funds to just buy one, so I had to do some dealing. I managed to work a trade, actually paying a bit out, for a P30SK. I have found my EDC, that's for sure! Please allow me to live vicariously, through you, while you do some live fire. Some target photos would be great. I hope you're doing well, Sir.
    Last edited by 11B10; 01-24-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    LSP, you sneaky devil, you. Here you're giving me all this Glock 43 stuff and it turns out you and I find the same "Grail gun" - at the same time! I didn't have the funds to just buy one, so I had to do some dealing. I managed to work a trade, actually paying a bit out, for a P30SK. I have found my EDC, that's for sure! Please allow me to live vicariously, through you, while you do some live fire. Some target photos would be great. I hope you're doing well, Sir.
    Getting by is about all right now; back in Houston, hopefully for the last time. Going home tonight.

I'll have some photos, but I'm getting a new 'puter ASAP and will need to reset, etc. And I'm still waiting on pieces/parts to check out. You should be shooting yours, eh?

User Tag List