Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30SK

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Would it be insane and pointless to put an rmr on one of these...?
    I was thinking of suppressing mine. That's probably pointless, but could be fun.

Site Supporter
    My P30sk arrived today from Cross Creek Guns. The V1 LEM trigger feels great out of the box, and dare I say it is a tad better than my current P30's. It fits great in my JM Custom holsters that Tony made for the VP9/P30.

Hopefully I can get out for some live fire this week! I posted tonight's dry fire thoughts in my journal if anyone is interested.

Site Supporter
    Today I finally had a chance to ring out the new P30sk! I am cross posting from my journal, but I wanted to share my initial thoughts on the gun.

Today's session consisted of 25 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 124 grain +P, 25 rounds of Speer Gold Dot 147 grain, and 25 rounds of WWB 115 grain. I shot 4 groups of 5 shots to check POA/POI, and the P30sk shot as advertised at 25 yards, with the rounds hitting at the tip of the front sight.

After confirming POA/POI, it was time to run two cold FAST's. FAST #1 was 9.56 because of a terrible reload. My thumb hit the slide release after the 2nd head shot, and I had to hand rack the slide for the reload.

FAST #2 was 8.06.

Bill Drill was 3.21 clean

The draw was slow on the Bill and I would have liked faster splits. Sounds like someone needs to shoot more!

I worked a bunch of Draw 2 to a 3x5 at the end of the session.

The P30sk has impressed me so far. It handles very well for a subcompact pistol. Like others have mentioned in other threads, the P30sk is an accurate and flat recoiling little gun. Recoil was very mild on both the 147 and 124 grain +P loads. The trigger is very smooth for an HK, and it is better than other LEM samples I have shot. I prefer the paddle mag release on the P30/P30sk, and as a lefty the Ambi Slide Release is perfect for me.

In the P30sk package I received:

a reliable, gadget equipped (hammer lol),
    night sights
    3 mags
    no brass to face
    no accuracy issues
    No take down thingy that falls out due to poor Quality Control

It is going to be a pleasure to carry and shoot. The arrow is solid, its that pesky Indian behind the gun that needs more practice.

Is there a list of holsters people like for the p30sk? I'm about to buy one and need the necessary. Odds and ends.

Is there a list of holsters people like for the p30sk? I'm about to buy one and need the necessary. Odds and ends.
    Hard to wrong with JM Custom Kydex.

Thanks rich I'll look into then after this game

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Hard to wrong with JM Custom Kydex.

Rich, I don't know if you're experienced with other brands, but I do know you've got significant time with H&K. I'm going to be going from .45 to 9mm pretty soon because of arthritis in my hands affecting my "secondary" shots. I'm still pretty sharp on the first one, it's those follow-ups that are drifting. I've been making everyone's life miserable, both here and other places, trying to get someone else to make my decision for me, I guess. Here's the only real hurdle to keep me away from H&K: Their internal complexity. I've much experience with Glocks, which are very simple, especially inside. I'm currently carrying a Sig P320, which has a bit more "engineering" than I'd like inside, kinda like the H&K. When I bought the SIG, I didn't anticipate my arthritis advancing this rapidly, forcing the caliber change. The Sig has been absolutely flawless, but every time I clean it, there's that FCU, with all those reeeaal small springs and stuff. There ain't no way I'm ever breaking that down. The biggest issue is that because of my recent retirement/fixed income, I've no wiggle room, no room for error. This will be THE gun, probably for many years. Right now, I'm leaning very hard to the Glock, it's where I'm most comfortable and where almost all my experience lies. Still, the feel of that P30SK in my hand and the knowledge of how very good they are.....

Thanks rich I'll look into then after this game
    Folks here also like Dark Star Gear. Also Spencer Keepers is mentioned a lot.

For my VP9, I have a simple Blade Tech Open Top range holster.

Safariland is usually worth looking at too.

I did some looking for gunleather, and two mentioned were Milt Sparks and Mitch Rosen. I have a MR Upper Limit Express on order.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Rich, I don't know if you're experienced with other brands... now, I'm leaning very hard to the Glock, it's where I'm most comfortable and where almost all my experience lies. Still, the feel of that P30SK in my hand and the knowledge of how very good they are.....
    I've tried shooting several Glocks. I just don't have the depth of experience to account for the grip angle as well as the overall ergonomics. So, for me, a Glock is a no go.

But for you, sounds like a good choice. From the experts here, I understand they are reliable, accurate, easy to maintain, and have a huge aftermarket. So, I hear ya on the 'one gun' thing.

On the other hand, besides also being reliable, accurate, and easy to maintain, I just like 'the feel' of the P30SK in *my* hand. Early in my learning days in 2014, I had an RO say to me, 'Rich, a good part of shooting is being comfortable. So, for me, I feel very comfortable with my HKs.

Are they complex? I guess so; I won't be doing anything other than field stripping mine. With a lifetime warranty, I'm not too worried.

Anyway, good luck with your choice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I've tried shooting several Glocks. I just don't have the depth of experience to account for the grip angle as well as the overall ergonomics. So, for me, a Glock is a no go.

But for you, sounds like a good choice. From the experts here, I understand they are reliable, accurate, easy to maintain, and have a huge aftermarket. So, I hear ya on the 'one gun' thing.

On the other hand, besides also being reliable, accurate, and easy to maintain, I just like 'the feel' of the P30SK in *my* hand. Early in my learning days in 2014, I had an RO say to me, 'Rich, a good part of shooting is being comfortable. So, for me, I feel very comfortable with my HKs.

Are they complex? I guess so; I won't be doing anything other than field stripping mine. With a lifetime warranty, I'm not too worried.

Anyway, good luck with your choice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This ^^^^ kind of thing is exactly what sets pistol forum apart. Inside of an hour, I have the info I was looking for. The danger for me is just what you've experienced, Rich. The darn things are gorgeous, engineered to the nth degree, and, if just maybe you get one that's a mm off, they have a lifetime warranty. Oh, and guess what, it felt great in my hands, too. I'm gonna take a big chance - I'm going to shoot both pistols, one more time. Thanks, Rich - much appreciated.
    Last edited by 11B10; 01-13-2017 at 08:56 PM.

User Tag List