Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30SK

HK P30SK

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    ...my 2000 Mercedes-Benz S430, with the crazy odometer reading of 256,000. I would've never bought it (OR believed that mileage), except for the fact that my brother bought it new. Not one squeak, rattle - just an amazing machine. Glock vs. H&K. Hmmmm. Thanks for the perspective.
    I went to the launch party of the 2000 S class at my local dealer. It was a revolutionary model by MBZ, replacing the older gen, more upright S Class. Fantastic automobile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RJ; 01-08-2017 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffDG View Post
    Just took my sk to the range and ran 200 rounds. Had a few FTE but all I had was federal 115gr. Certainly doesn't feel like a subcompact. Training is on my agenda for the spring, I'm not happy with my skills.

Also had several instances where slide didn't lock back due to me riding the slide lock. Being a lefty it usually isn't an issue for me, but I shifted my thumb over on the top of my support thumb and it stopped.
    Do these guns remain picky or was this a break in?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post

My experience with multiple HK pistols, is they need some full power rounds as part of an initial break in period. Not picky, in my experience, in terms of ongoing use.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I had read previously that it would be best to use 124 or 147gr for the initial break in, so was expecting some FTE with the 115. Debating on going back to the range today...

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My experience with multiple HK pistols, is they need some full power rounds as part of an initial break in period. Not picky, in my experience, in terms of ongoing use.
    So the HK hammer gun package to cover the maximum range of uses might be the SK, USP FS9, and HK45C?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

So the HK hammer gun package to cover the maximum range of uses might be the SK, USP FS9, and HK45C?

Yes, with the caveat that for dedicated Super use, or more sight radius for hunting, I would go USP 45 FS instead if the HK45C. HK45C better if you want a concealment gun, also capable of launching Super occasionally.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

JHC - I haven't seen it with mine. First range visit was 126 rounds of Sellier and Bellot 115 FMJ, as well as a couple mags of Federal P9HST2 and Speer GD 124 standard pressure. No issues.

I only have a scant 306 rounds to date, including more Blazer 115; but 0 malfunctions.

I did a field strip and clean per the manual, but that's it. Sample of one, etc.

HK springs guns for a life of full power NATO spec. ammo. They do not do well with generic light stuff. A very solid grip will often help the reliability with training ammo, but if it is bargain priced 115 stuff, I have no expectation of them running like a sewing machine.

When I see complaints on the bubble gum forums, all I can think of is having a super high performance euro super car, and get mad because it knocks on very low octane gas from one of those bargain gas stations nobody has really heard of before.
    Last edited by Dagga Boy; 01-08-2017 at 07:24 PM.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Greg - thanks for "outing" Rich. My one and only brother is a lefty and has always been a pain, too. LOL
    I'm a lefty, and deplorable. But I repeat myself.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

HK P30SK

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I'm a lefty, and deplorable. But I repeat myself.
    We need a handedness poll.

Program I volunteered for overseas once had maybe 150 guys that came over. One day we did a straw poll, and like 50% of EVERYONE was left-handed.

It was a pretty successful program; we delivered 41 airplanes and a complete training system on time and on budget (I worked on the trainer side) for 2.1B UK Pounds. I think it was all the lefties.

Last edited by RJ; 01-08-2017 at 09:38 PM.

User Tag List