Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30SK

Quote Originally Posted by CDFIII View Post
    Rich.. P30 holsters will fit the sk. At least my JMCK and RCS both do.
    *Montgomery Burns Voice*

"Excellent"

Site Supporter
    I want all of you guys to understand that my poor mouth posts have their basis in my pure, straight-from-the-heart jealousy. It's not personal and I don't hate anyone. I've no one to blame but me.

Just took my sk to the range and ran 200 rounds. Had a few FTE but all I had was federal 115gr. Certainly doesn't feel like a subcompact. Training is on my agenda for the spring, I'm not happy with my skills.

Also had several instances where slide didn't lock back due to me riding the slide lock. Being a lefty it usually isn't an issue for me, but I shifted my thumb over on the top of my support thumb and it stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    I'd be satisfied with being able to buy one new handgun. That's all I want.
    Over the years my system has been if I have not used it or its not living up to my expectations sell it, even at a loss. It's been a journey from single stack Detonics/custom 1911s, issued Berettas, S&W, Glock and today it's HK P30/P30sk/VP9. Right out of the box HK has everything I want out of a sidearm, half the family members in my household are south paws (no idea why) and HK is well thought out.
    Sell what your not using and get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Sorry not sure how I missed this. So you are saying a OWB holster for a P30 would also take a P30SK? Very interesting.

This would be for occasional competition (steel, USPSA) use, so I would only need friction retention and a decent fit. Thanks, I will definitely look into this.
    Sorry, I should have more careful with my words. My IWB holsters for theP30 all fit the SK. I do not have any OWB so I can't say for sure, but I assume that's correct.

Quote Originally Posted by burntorangefan View Post
    Sorry, I should have more careful with my words. My IWB holsters for theP30 all fit the SK. I do not have any OWB so I can't say for sure, but I assume that's correct.
    No problem. I emailed BT customer service about using a P30SK in a P30 open top range holster. I'll post back if they respond.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My experience is the same as that of CDFIII. I have a P30 and a P30SK. The P30SK fits in the P30 OWB holster just fine.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Jason, could you clarify (I may have missed it) but the BT holsters you have, are you saying they fit BOTH the P30 and P30SK?
    Rich,

My BT holsters all fit the guns that they were designed for. As an example, BT nano for a G17 also fit the 19 and 26. Have a CHL for the P2000. Fits the P2000SK despite the slightly different trigger guards but not the P30SK. P30 Nano holster will fit the P30SK. It was just not finished and was exchanged by BT for a new one. If you listen to some of the holster chatter on HK specific forums, it seems that there is some cross compatibility with some holsters between some different HK pistols and is not limited to the usual "compact fits in the full size" holster of its parent gun. Some P30 holsters also fit the HK45C according to some of the posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason M View Post
    Rich,

My BT holsters all fit the guns that they were designed for. As an example, BT nano for a G17 also fit the 19 and 26. Have a CHL for the P2000. Fits the P2000SK despite the slightly different trigger guards but not the P30SK. P30 Nano holster will fit the P30SK. It was just not finished and was exchanged by BT for a new one. If you listen to some of the holster chatter on HK specific forums, it seems that there is some cross compatibility with some holsters between some different HK pistols and is not limited to the usual "compact fits in the full size" holster of its parent gun. Some P30 holsters also fit the HK45C according to some of the posts.
    Thanks. I like my BT holster for me VP9 for gun games; it's real simple. I'd like to get a BT for the P30, and may just do that.

Another reason to trade the VP9 in on a P30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 58thunderbird View Post
    Over the years my system has been if I have not used it or its not living up to my expectations sell it, even at a loss. It's been a journey from single stack Detonics/custom 1911s, issued Berettas, S&W, Glock and today it's HK P30/P30sk/VP9. Right out of the box HK has everything I want out of a sidearm, half the family members in my household are south paws (no idea why) and HK is well thought out.
    Sell what your not using and get what you want.

58thunderbird, first - great username! One of my best buddies used to haul the two of us around in his Dad's '58 T-bird convertible. I loved that car, mainly because it had a back seat! So, we began the evening as "the two of us" - with some luck, it became four.

Now - this thread. You have struck a nerve, sir. I had become virtually locked in on another Glock, but don't feel the same passion I feel when I put the HK in my hands. The same passion when I go out to our garage. My wife's 2002 Camry, a creampuff with 30,000 miles on it - OR - my 2000 Mercedes-Benz S430, with the crazy odometer reading of 256,000. I would've never bought it (OR believed that mileage), except for the fact that my brother bought it new. Not one squeak, rattle - just an amazing machine. Glock vs. H&K. Hmmmm. Thanks for the perspective.

User Tag List