Page 15 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: HK P30SK

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    HK springs guns for a life of full power NATO spec. ammo. They do not do well with generic light stuff. A very solid grip will often help the reliability with training ammo, but if it is bargain priced 115 stuff, I have no expectation of them running like a sewing machine.

When I see complaints on the bubble gum forums, all I can think of is having a super high performance euro super car, and get mad because it knocks on very low octane gas from one of those bargain gas stations nobody has really heard of before.
    It has been my experience so far that, after a couple-few thousand rounds, this issue goes away. Or as GJM mentioned, a few hundred rounds of carry ammo.

My VP9 hasn't had the issue, but one p2000 and both p2ksk's that I had did. I just forked over a little extra for a couple cases of NATO for when I didn't care to practice malfunction clearance (can be a feature!) and the problems went away by the end of that ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    No problem. I emailed BT customer service about using a P30SK in a P30 open top range holster. I'll post back if they respond.
    I received a very nice email today from the Blade Tech customer service manager, indicating that they'd be happy to make me a CLASSIC OWB HOLSTER (she capitalized it, so I would guess this is a specific model) by calling them at 1 877 331-5793.

So this might be an option for me down the road, or for others if interested.

Hammertime
    I really like the quality of the P30SK, but I think it is too small for my carry purposes. I generally carry a Glock 19. Is there any way to make the grip more Glock 19ish with other mags or base plates? I may start another thread, but I am also wondering what is the most Glock 19ish of all the HK models. It seems the USPc or the P2000. Would one or the other of those pistols carry more like a 19 than the other? Mainly I am interested in a G19 sized LEM triggered HK pistol for carry. This may be a question for another thread...

I just hit 3300 rounds with my p30sk. I have not had one malfunction. The weakest ammo it has run was fiocchi 124. I even shot fiocchi weak handed only as fast as I could and she still runs like a top.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I went to the launch party of the 2000 S class at my local dealer. It was a revolutionary model by MBZ, replacing the older gen, more upright S Class. Fantastic automobile.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rich, this thread drift (seems to be my specialty) is your fault. My whole life, I was a Chevy guy - owned them, worked on them, raced them, sold parts at a Chevy dealer for years. Always believed BMW and MB were overpriced European crap. NOW, I understand and while I still can't afford $75,000 (what mine cost new), what I'm experiencing now is otherworldly. Every day, I never want to get where I'm going and when I DO get there, I don't wanna get out. I look at that 256,655 number on the odometer, wonder how it can be possible, then thank my big brother for this Mercedes Benz. Mine has "only" 275 HP, cannot imagine what an S550 (577HP) - must be like.
    Last edited by 11B10; 01-09-2017 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I really like the quality of the P30SK, but I think it is too small for my carry purposes. I generally carry a Glock 19. Is there any way to make the grip more Glock 19ish with other mags or base plates? I may start another thread, but I am also wondering what is the most Glock 19ish of all the HK models. It seems the USPc or the P2000. Would one or the other of those pistols carry more like a 19 than the other? Mainly I am interested in a G19 sized LEM triggered HK pistol for carry. This may be a question for another thread...
    My P30SK with 13 round USPc magazine and X Grip adapter measures almost exactly 5.0" high. Which, IIRC, is G19 sized.

Slide length is a bit shorter, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    I'm a lefty, and deplorable. But I repeat myself.

It is my opinion that left or right "handedness" is NOT a requirement for being a card carrying deplorable.

"Most like the G19" would be the P2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnatus View Post
    "Most like the G19" would be the P2000.
    Yup.

USPc would also fit, and has a slightly superior trigger IMO. However, stupid rail and significantly more expensive. Love the p2000!

Would it be insane and pointless to put an rmr on one of these...?

User Tag List