Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Basic Carbine Training - D/FW Area

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Basic Carbine Training - D/FW Area

I'm looking for some basic carbine classes in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area. Doesn't need to be quite as basic as, "This is where the bullet comes out" but nothing significantly more advanced than that.

I was going to look to Stephen Pineau at M3 Strategies, but he hasn't listed any classes since October 2014.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I'm looking for some basic carbine classes in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area. Doesn't need to be quite as basic as, "This is where the bullet comes out" but nothing significantly more advanced than that.

I was going to look to Stephen Pineau at M3 Strategies, but he hasn't listed any classes since October 2014.
    Per Bookface, he had some medical issues recently but he has a good reputation.

Check out these guys http://specopsystems.com/category/civilian/

Perhaps Steve Moses? I have not trained with him, but received a good report from a friend that did.

http://bluffdalefirearmsacademy.com/about-us.html

People I trust have also told me good things about Will Petty.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    If you are willing to drive 2-3 hours, your really can't beat Paul Howe's CSAT.

There are some carbine course coming up and as a graduate I can wholeheartedly endorse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post

There are some carbine course coming up and as a graduate I can wholeheartedly endorse it.
    I'd jump on that if it were that close to me.
    #RESIST

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post

I've trained with Paul three times, and the drive is closer to four hours from where I live.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I've trained with Paul three times, and the drive is closer to four hours from where I live.
    I know Jim Smith is in the DFW area but I'm not sure he does many civilian classes these days. I'd jump at the chance to have him teach me how to tie my shoes.

Crap, I totally forgot about MSG Howe being so close.

I'd be on that like ugly on an ape.

I don't know what they offer in Carbine training, but Nyeti & Wayne Dobbs provide training in that general vicinity. Jeff Gonzales is down the road a wee bit just north of Austin. And Paul Howe is worth the drive.

Perhaps I need to talk to Wayne and Darryl about doing a carbine class down that way.

All of the trainers mentioned are top notch, and having CSAT that close would insure that I would spend way too much money there.
    Last edited by Chuck Haggard; 01-31-2015 at 08:52 AM.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

User Tag List