Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Back into .45s

Bravo!
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    It is scary how many vices we share. I love my single action .45 Colts, most of which are Ruger's. Great stuff.
    You guys look alike as well.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    You guys look alike as well.
    The scary thing is I bet we have the same inseam length.....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Trooper 224,
    I don't mean to derail your thread but I really like your '73 carbine/rifle in the picture. What kind/make is it? I'm not a cowboy action guy nor do I own a ranch but does the '73 have a practical side? Just looking for a good excuse to get one....

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Trooper 224,
    I don't mean to derail your thread but I really like your '73 carbine/rifle in the picture. What kind/make is it? I'm not a cowboy action guy nor do I own a ranch but does the '73 have a practical side? Just looking for a good excuse to get one....
    It's a 24" Uberti in .45 Colt, that I've owned for about twenty years. Practical? Well, it makes a good rifle for Whitetail Deer, Coyotes and the like. It's one of those I bought just 'cause I'd always wanted one and if you've got a Colt SAA you've got to have a lever action rifle to go with it. I'm sure that's a rule somewhere.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    It's a 24" Uberti in .45 Colt, that I've owned for about twenty years. Practical? Well, it makes a good rifle for Whitetail Deer, Coyotes and the like. It's one of those I bought just 'cause I'd always wanted one and if you've got a Colt SAA you've got to have a lever action rifle to go with it. I'm sure that's a rule somewhere.
    I'm not saying that I'm pricing out saddle ring carbines right now...but uh...

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    The scary thing is I bet we have the same inseam length.....
    If you add the two of us together you get one Steve Fisher.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Nothin' like a fine thumb buster.
    I'll be in my bunk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I'll be in my bunk
    Just in case you need a reach around.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

One of the guns I most enjoy shooting is a 20 yr. old short Ruger Blackhawk .45 Colt/.45 ACP convertible. I have a sad remembering unlimited access to .45 ACP…….

I also have a couple of Colt New Frontiers (5 1/2 and 7 1/2) but they are in .44 Special. I will probably burn in hell for saying this, but I enjoy shooting the Blackhawk more.

User Tag List