Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Back into .45s

Back into .45s

I was inspired by our favorite crotchety engineer getting back into 1911s, so I decided to get back into an old passion of mine: proper single action .45s. But chambered in God's True Cartridge, .45 Colt as designed by his servant Samuel.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1439
Size:  64.1 KB

Here's the first one. It's pretty basic, just a 4.75 inch Vaquero in stainless. Will shoot tomorrow. I also ordered a Blackhawk, but it showed up from the factory with...issues, so it's going back to New Hampster for some TLC.

It is scary how many vices we share. I love my single action .45 Colts, most of which are Ruger's. Great stuff.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    But chambered in God's True Cartridge, .45 Colt as designed by his servant Samuel.
    Using heel bullets over 40gr of black powder? Sweet looking revolver and rig. I've got a bunch of .45 Colt ammo but no pistol, a situation that will have to be rectified at some point.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    It is scary how many vices we share. I love my single action .45 Colts, most of which are Ruger's. Great stuff.
    Ginger women, brown liquor and large caliber revolvers aren't vices, they're signs of an educated intellect and good morals.

Ginger women, brown liquor and large caliber revolvers aren't vices, they're signs of an educated intellect and good morals.
    So what's your excuse?

PS: Nice pistola. When are you getting the engraving done?

PPS: Who made the rig?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    So what's your excuse?

PS: Nice pistola. When are you getting the engraving done?

PPS: Who made the rig?
    Rig is pretty simple, it's a Triple K and you can get it from Midway. It's not fine leather but it really scratches that Silverado itch.

Rig is pretty simple, it's a Triple K and you can get it from Midway. It's not fine leather but it really scratches that Silverado itch.
    Is there anything along those lines that fits the older, larger-framed Vaqueros? I don't use the thing enough to go to, say, El Paso Saddlery or anything, but I'd like something that actually fits the big hog.

Love it, Caleb.

Nothin' like a fine thumb buster.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

That is holy gospel right there.

User Tag List