Thread: Holster recommendations for small 9mm

Holster recommendations for small 9mm

I am planning to pick up a Sig P290RS 9mm in the next week or so. This will replace my Kahr P380 that I had pocket carried on occasion but mostly carried IWB. I find that I don't really like pocket carry. I'd rather carry keys, coins, knives, etc. in my pockets. I don't mind IWB carry as long as its with a comfy holster that provides excellent concealment. I'd like to carry the P290 AIWB but 4:00 IWB is not out of the question. I would like to know what you guys use to EDC your subcompact single stack 9mm's.

I am 6'0", 175lb and like to stay fit. My normal dress is jeans/khakis with an untucked polo or T-shirt. I work in a NPE. Currently I carry a G19 in a JMCK IWB 3-SL at 4:00 IWB. My belt is a Volund Atlas G-hook 1.5". I'm looking at the Fricke Jonathan for the P290 but I think the grip would sit below the belt line and infringe upon my draw. However, I am trying to decide whether I should give up some draw time for the sake of extra concealment. It was mentioned to me that if I wanted a full grip then I should go with the Fricke Archangel with some extra material at the muzzle and butt tuck accessory. I'm sure I want that much holster for such a small gun.

I'd like to know what you guys are using and what your recommendations are.

Look at Darkstar Gear (not sure if he has a mold), Fist, Keepers(same thing about the mold). Also might look at Highnoon's Mr Softy. It's my go to for a quick, deep conceal holster for small guns.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

User Tag List